Aerohive's AP150W is heralded as the industry’s first small form factor wallplate access point and switch combination with embedded IoT capability, which can be installed in less than two minutes. Said to be half the price of comparable solutions, the AP150W is designed both for Ethernet-jack wall mounting or placement on a desktop.
Available in early September, at $299 including subscription-free lifetime Cloud Management with Aerohive Connect, AP150W features include:
- Aerohive’s Cloud Management “radically simplifies” provisioning of the AP150W at unmatched scale in both private and public-cloud implementations.
- The AP150W delivers superior 802.11ac Wave 2 performance with the industry’s only 3x3:3 configuration, which can punch out Netflix steaming, VoIP phone calling, and video conference-capable speeds of 1.3 Gbps.
- By using Aerohive’s Private Pre-Shared Key (PPSK) capability, you can simplify guest and IoT secure network access without the cost and complexity of 802.1X.
- Every AP150W has anti-counterfeit and platform-integrity measures that protect network secrets and prevent operation without valid access verification.
- For greater use case flexibility, the AP150W can power VoIP phones, IoT sensors, and cameras through its integrated PoE Switch and Passive Passthrough Port, which provides investment protection for existing cabling and Switch infrastructure.