SANTA CLARA, CA --- Renesas Electronics America Inc., Verizon, and Arrow Electronics, announce their collaboration on the Renesas Synergy S7G2 IoT Enabler Kit, offering an easy-to-use, all-inclusive developers environment that reduces the barriers to entry for companies developing innovative new applications for the Internet of Things (IoT). The 4G LTE CAT 1 IoT kit provides a complete end-to-end IoT solution for IoT developers with wireless options, sensors, and example projects. Customers can leverage this comprehensive environment to quickly and easily progress from the development stages of evaluation through the prototyping and production stages.
About the Renesas S7G2 IoT Enabler Kit
The Renesas S7G2 IoT Enabler integrates all of the elements necessary for quick and efficient IoT deployment, including:
• Out-of-the-box connection to the Verizon Cat 1 LTE network and Verizon ThingSpace, with a trial data plan
• A Renesas Synergy™ S7G2 ARM® Cortex®-M4-based MCU
• Renesas Synergy™ Software Package and Tools, as part of the Synergy Platform
• Nine sensors
• Multi-wireless standard support, including Wi-Fi, Bluetooth Low Energy, and CAT 1
• An integrated educational experience with three example project and five labs with step-by-step instructions
• Expansion capabilities with Arduino shields, Grove connectors, and Pmod connectors
IoT Enabler Kit on the Road
As part of the companies’ commitment to ongoing embedded IoT education, they are hosting a technical seminar series that will run from November 3, 2016 through March 1, 2017, with sessions in 17 cities across the U.S. and Canada. The seminar series provides in-person training sessions with Renesas, Arrow, and Verizon team members, including hands-on labs where attendees will learn how to use the sensors and wireless modules included in the kit, and how to use Verizon security credentials to connect securely to the Verizon CAT 1 network. Lab attendees will receive a complimentary S7G2 IoT Enabler Kit for use during the session.
For more information or to register for the seminar classes and labs, visit: https://ww2.eventrebels.com/er/Registration/StepRegInfo.jsp?ActivityID=18770&StepNumber=1#arrowemail.
The S7G2 IoT Enabler Kit is now available through Arrow and Verizon ThingSpace, priced at $450 per kit. (Availability is subject to change without notice.)
For more information, visit http://www.renesas.com