Great Bay Software unveils a platform it claims will deliver unmatched visibility into IoT and medical devices on hospital networks. The company’s sixth-generation product addresses the security and operational challenges associated with IoT adoption.
Among those challenges is the lack of visibility into managed and unmanaged devices on the network—limiting IT and Security's ability to determine device identity and connectivity, where they are located and how they are behaving. These new device types also create operational challenges that drain efficiency and hurt a hospital's bottom line. Without the ability to automatically inventory the number and types of devices connected to the network, healthcare providers are overspending by purchasing unnecessary devices and are being charged by third-party management vendors for medical devices they do not actually own.
In response, hospitals are dedicating as many as three Full Time Equivalents (FTEs) to the process of manually inventorying assets. These challenges are intensified during hospital mergers and acquisitions, when healthcare providers must inventory and onboard newly acquired devices within a short timeframe.
The software delivers IoT visibility and enforcement functionality that includes:
- Real-time ability to discover, profile and locate all managed, unmanaged, authorized and unauthorized devices connected to wired and wireless networks
- Unmatched data collection techniques to gather identity and behavioral attributes and use that contextual insight to establish and validate device trust
- Expanded pre-built device profiles and enhanced profile import and export capabilities that enable organizations to identify and profile connected devices to the network, automatically and in real time
- Implementation of an industry-leading artificial intelligence and machine learning engine to provide advanced real-time behavior analytics for all connected devices
- Simple, "drag-and-drop" file functionality that is user-friendly, allows for generic data import and enables seamless bi-directional data sharing between Great Bay and other IT and security ecosystem technologies
- Customized dashboard with expanded set of executive reporting capabilities
- Expanded network infrastructure and support for data collection sources
To learn more, visit Great Bay Software and/or call 763-251-1400.