Vodaphone's fourth annual IoT Barometer Report found that:
• 89 percent of companies investing in IoT have increased their budgets over the last 12 months.
• 76 percent of all companies interviewed believe that taking advantage of IoT technologies will be critical for the future success of any organization.
• 63 percent of IoT adopters are seeing "significant" returns on investment, up from 59% in last year's Report.
• IoT investment now accounts for 24 percent of the average IT budget, on a par with cloud computing or data analytics.
The Report also found that IoT technologies play a key role in mainstream business activities in an increasing number of companies. Highlights included:
• 48 percent of companies interviewed are using IoT technologies to support large-scale business transformation, rising to 61 percent in the Asia-Pacific region.
• 52 percent of consumer electronics companies interviewed are using IoT technologies as the basis for a new generation of applications for connected homes.
• 46 percent of all companies interviewed said they intend to develop new IoT-based products and services over the next two years.
Read more: http://newsmanager.commpartners.com/linktrack.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fiot-mktg.vodafone.com%2Fbarometer2016%3Fecmp%3Dmarcomm_press_iotbarometer2016pr_%26src%3Dmarcomm_press_iotbarometer2016pr_