SAN JOSE, CA -- Xilinx, Inc. and its ecosystem will demonstrate All Programmable and Smarter Vision Systems at NAB 2014. Through a series of in-booth demonstrations, Xilinx and its Alliance Members will showcase design platforms, IP, and reference designs that provide the fastest way to bring 4K2K and packet-based video network systems to market. Visit the Xilinx Booth #N1516 at NAB 2014, April 7-10, at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
Xilinx Demonstrations – Booth #N1516
Programmable 4K2K Camera Development Platform – Developed with Xylon and Northwest Logic, Xilinx Premier Alliance Members, and the MIPI Alliance, this demonstration will showcase a programmable ISP and a low cost implementation of the MIPI D-PHY/CSI-2 Interface.
• All-IP Studio Concept for Next Generation Packet-based Video Networks – Developed with Fox Networks, this demonstration will showcase single-chip implementation of the transport layer, using Xilinx® SmartCORE™ IP for SMPTE 2022 video over IP, with real-time video processing using the Xilinx Real-Time Video Engine (RTVE) and OmniTek Scalable Video Processor (OSVP).
• FPGA-based Real-Time HEVC Encoder System – Developed with Vanguard Video and Barco-Silex, this demonstration will showcase how systems can support HEVC using the Barco-Silex Real-Time H.265 Encoding System that integrates the V.265 Code by Vanguard Video. This demonstration system also supports Main and Main10 Profiles at 1080p60.
• 4K2K Real-Time Video Engine with Support for New Higher Speed Connectivity – Developed with OmniTek, this demonstration will provide real time up/down conversion between HD and 4K2K at 60fps and provides ultra-high quality deinterlacer and 6-axis color correction (Rec 709 to Rec 2020), plus a new frame accurate sequencer.
• Vivado HLS Methodology for Rapid Development of Video Algorithms – This demonstration will display how to rapidly prototype C-based video algorithms in hardware using the Xilinx Vivado® HLS including a 4K2K Super Scalar hardware implementation and 6-tap Vertical / 8-tap Horizontal Scalar with Super Resolution Enhancement.
Xilinx Demonstrations by Alliance Program Members
This year, six Xilinx Alliance Program members will showcase the following Xilinx-based technology demonstrations in their booths:
• Barco-Silex – Booth #C4743 – Will demonstrate 4K Video over IP with JPEG2000 compression.
• CoreEl Technologies – Booth #SU12708 – Will demonstrate a 4K AVC Long GOP Decoder, a 4K AVC Intra Codec, an Audio-Video Decoder Module and an HEVC Intra Decoder.
• Cube Vision Technologies – Booth #N4422 – Will demonstrate 1080i to 4K up-conversion and a reference quality 4K multiviewer.
• intoPIX – Booth #C5243 – Will demonstrate TICO lightweight IP cores, a JPEG2000 SMPTE2002 reference design and a JPEG2000 4K UHD.
• OmniTek – Booth #1523 – Will demonstrate an Ultra 4K Tool Box that includes conversions from 4K to/from SD including quad 3G-SDI.
• Vanguard Video – Booth #SU11613 – Will demonstrate a HEVC/H.265 encoder with its 4K Video over IP reference design.
To learn more about Xilinx Smarter Vision solutions visit http://www.xilinx.com/smartervision