It’s that time of the year again, we can’t escape it, when resolutions and the never-ending predictions are made. Fight them if you will, but you will never win, they keep coming like the inevitable tsunami following an earthquake. But no matter since we all love a good prediction now and again.
According to DMI, an end-to-end mobility company with self-touted expertise in enterprise-strength web and app development, IoT, digital commerce, analytics, brand and marketing, and secure device and app management, organizations can’t afford to overlook the emerging trends in artificial intelligence (AI) and analytics in 2019. To help them realize potential profit, DMI offers its research study, aptly dubbed “8 MOST IMPORTANT AI AND ANALYTICS TRENDS FOR 2019”, for free.
According to the study, artificial intelligence will deliver approximately $2 trillion worth of business value worldwide over the next year using advanced computing algorithms that identify and optimize business insights humans cannot spot. Allegedly, the hot trends to keep an eye out for are:
- AI and Analytics Merger: Applying AI algorithms to analytics will prove transformative but the complex merger requires a roadmap.
- Decision Automation: Greater AI and machine learning in enterprise resource planning will empower smarter process changes, minus the human intervention, to drive cost savings.
- Digital Twins: Digital replicas of physical processes, like production lines, let humans interact with IoT sensors automating asset management.
- Edge Computing: Data center AI and analytics will deliver more real-time intelligence, anticipating problems and implementing fixes before costly breakdowns.
- Mixed Reality: The combination of elements of virtual and augmented reality with data analytics will grow in 2019 but will accelerate even faster over the next two or three years.
- Blockchain Boom: Blockchain uses a shared digital ledger that’s impossible for hackers to breach, making it one of the most-watched technologies of 2019.
- Cloud Maturity: Thanks to advances in security, more organizations will embrace the cloud generating huge new datasets to inform advanced machine learning.
- Full-Stack Engineers: Companies will scramble to hire full-stack engineers with AI and analytics skills making this one of the hottest careers of 2019!
Dr. Srinivasa Vegi, DMI’s executive vice president for data analytics and artificial intelligence, warns, “Companies that fail to adopt AI will lose out. Some industries may even be wiped out.” Scary thoughts to say the least, but fear not. Get the big picture by downloading DMI’s “8 Most Important AI and Analytics Trends for 2019” complete report.