Cadence Design Systems’ full-flow digital and signoff tools and the Cadence® Verification Suite have been optimized to support Arm® Cortex®-A75 and Cortex-A55 CPUs, based on Arm DynamIQ™ technology, and the Arm Mali™-G72 GPU. To accelerate the adoption of Arm's latest processors, Cadence delivered new 7nm-ready Rapid Adoption Kits (RAKs) for the Cortex-A75 and the Cortex-A55 CPUs, which include the DynamIQ Shared Unit (DSU) that provides a shared level 3 cache between the CPUs, and a 7nm-ready RAK for the Mali-G72 GPU.
The Cadence RAKs accelerate physical implementation, signoff, and verification of 7nm designs, allowing designers to deliver mobile and consumer devices to market faster. With the delivery of the new RAKs, Cadence is also providing specialized technical support for Arm IP implementation based on the deep collaboration between Arm and Cadence over many years.
The Cadence digital and signoff tools have been configured to provide optimal power, performance and area (PPA) results using the RAKs, which include scripts, an example floorplan, and documentation for Arm's 7nm IP libraries. The comprehensive Cadence RTL-to-GDS flow incorporates the following digital and signoff tools in the RAKs:
- Innovus™ Implementation System: Statistical on-chip variation (SOCV) propagation and optimization results in improved timing, power, and area closure for 7nm designs
- Genus™ Synthesis Solution: Register-transfer level (RTL) synthesis supports all the latest 7nm advanced-node requirements and provides convergent design closure using the Innovus Implementation System
- Conformal® Logic Equivalence Checking (LEC): Ensures the accuracy of logic changes and engineering change orders (ECOs) during the implementation flow
- Conformal Low Power: Enables the creation and validation of power intent in context of the design, combining low-power equivalence checking with structural and functional checks to allow full-chip verification of power-efficient designs
- Tempus™ Timing Signoff Solution: Offers path-based, signoff-accurate and physically aware design optimization, providing the quickest path to tapeout
- Voltus™ IC Power Integrity Solution: Static and dynamic analysis used during implementation and signoff ensures optimal power distribution
- Quantus™ QRC Extraction Solution: Fulfills all 7nm advanced-node requirements to ensure accurate correlation to final silicon
The Cadence Verification Suite that has also been optimized for Arm-based designs includes:
- JasperGold® Formal Verification Platform: Enables IP and subsystem verification including formal proofs for Arm AMBA® protocols
- Xcelium® Parallel Logic Simulation: Provides production-proven multi-core simulation accelerating SoC development and validation of Arm-based designs
- Palladium® Z1 Enterprise Emulation Platform: Includes hybrid technology that is integrated with Arm Fast Models for up to 50X faster OS and software bring-up and up to 10X faster software-based testing in addition to Dynamic Power Analysis technology for low power
- Protium™ S1 FPGA-Based Prototyping Platform: Integration with the Palladium Z1 enterprise emulation platform combined with Arm DS-5 provides pre-silicon embedded software debug
- vManager™ Planning and Metrics: Metric-driven verification across the JasperGold platform, Xcelium simulation, Palladium Z1 platform and Cadence VIP solutions for Arm-based SoC verification convergence
- Perspec™ System Verifier: Provides software-driven use-case verification with the PSLib for Armv8 architectures, delivering up to 10X productivity improvement versus typical manual test development
- Indago™ Debug Platform: RTL design, testbench and embedded software debug capabilities synchronized with Arm CPUs for accurate combined views of hardware and software
- Cadence Verification Workbench: Integrates with Arm Socrates™ packaged Armv8 IP and VIP for fast SoC integration and UVM testbench assembly
- Cadence Interconnect Workbench: Provides fast performance analysis and verification of Arm CoreLink™ interconnect intellectual property (IP)-based systems in combination with Xcelium simulation, the Palladium Z1 platform, and Cadence Verification IP
- Verification IP Portfolio: Enables IP and SoC verification including Arm AMBA interconnect, supporting Xcelium simulation, the JasperGold platform, and the Palladium Z1 platform
More information is available online for the Cadence Verification Suite.