Adesto Technologies’ FusionHD non-volatile memories (NVMs) are designed for next-generation consumer and industrial IoT edge devices. Building on the Smart IoT feature set of Adesto’s Fusion family, the FusionHD devices offer more capabilities, patented low-power technology, security features, and increased memory density options. They are said to consume up to 70% lower power than standard flash memory devices.
The FusionHD product line exhibits low power consumption, fast data transfers, and robust, high-reliability operation. Unlike standard flash devices, FusionHD devices incorporate a Small Page Erase and Write Architecture that makes saving small packets of data quick and efficient. It also allows large data packets to be saved and accessed using minimal CPU clock cycles, reducing processing time and battery consumption.
FusionHD includes a suite of intelligent supervisory functions including a Battery Health Monitor and System Reset Generator, which reduce the system bill-of-materials (BOM), overall system cost, and physical footprint. Other features include:
- A flexible memory architecture
- Intelligent host interface features that elevate the memory device into the ‘smart peripheral’ domain
- Security features include unique device identification and a User One-Time Programmable (OTP) security register that is usable for system-level key storage.
- The power consumption of FusionHD devices is up to 70% lower than the competition, aided by the Small Page Erase feature, autonomous smart features as well as an optimized low-power design with ultra-deep power-down mode.
- FusionHD enables up to 5x faster system performance versus the competition, with features like small page erase, Read/Modify/Write, and flexible SRAM buffer; it also achieves 104MHz SPI operation; QSPI with XiP capability allows direct code execution from the host MCU.
- FusionHD products extend the Fusion product line up to 32Mbit to support the growing memory demands of power-sensitive products.
- A wide operating voltage range of VCC 1.7V to 3.6V allows FusionHD to function with a broad variety of battery technologies and to operate from an unregulated supply voltage, potentially reducing overall BOM cost.
FusionHD supports the new Serial Flash Reset Signaling Protocol (JESD252) and the latest version of the SFDP standard (JESD216C). These standards make it easier for system designers to deliver smarter, more efficient and user-friendly devices. For more details, visit the FusionHD product page and/or email [email protected].