MIDDLEBURY, CT – Timex introduces the TIMEX IRONMAN ONE GPS+, offering consumers stand-alone wireless connectivity without a phone. Timex is simplifying the wearable technology experience for all users, as TIMEX IRONMAN ONE GPS+ gives consumers the freedom to remain connected during any activity while leaving their phones and music devices behind.
Providing new solutions for fitness activities and for any other instance when carrying a phone is not ideal, TIMEX IRONMAN® ONE GPS+ includes a series of game-changing features, including:
• Stand-alone wireless connectivity without a phone
• Email-based messaging capabilities
• Tracking capabilities that communicate the user's location to friends and family anytime, anywhere
• Custom-built "Find Me Mode" safety solution, which allows users to send an alert with exact location in case of an emergency
• Ability to track speed, distance and pace in real-time and instantaneously share performance metrics through your favorite social media and online fitness platforms
• Water resistance up to 50 meters, an essential feature for water exposure, training in the rain or swimming
• Built-in MP3 component with 4 GB of memory to play music via a Bluetooth headset
• Always-on, sunlight-readable, high-resolution touch display
• One year of data connectivity by AT&T included for U.S. and Canadian subscribers TIMEX® IRONMAN® ONE GPS+ has been developed in close collaboration with Qualcomm Connected Experiences, Inc., a subsidiary of Qualcomm Incorporated, a leader in mobile technology, and leading mobile service provider AT&T. Products from several Qualcomm companies and AT&T were used to provide mobility, connectivity and display technologies to create game-changing features.
"The introduction of the TIMEX® IRONMAN® ONE GPS+ smartwatch represents an exciting opportunity for Timex in the smartwatch category, as we build upon the rich, authentic tradition of the Timex brand, as well as our 160 year heritage," saidAnette S. Olsen, Chairman of Timex Group. "For nearly three decades, TIMEX® IRONMAN® has provided athletes with innovative solutions to enhance their training experiences. Our collaboration with industry stalwarts Qualcomm and AT&T has enabled us to introduce the first smartwatch that offers stand-alone wireless connectivity without a phone and has great appeal to a broad range of fitness enthusiasts as well as tech-savvy individuals and those who simply wish to make a statement."
Since its inception, Timex has revolutionized the watch industry by bringing affordable, fashionable, reliable and technologically-advanced timepieces to consumers. The brand is recognized for its timeless and classic watches and for introducing new technologies, particularly in the sports timing and performance segment.
"Wearables, including smartwatches, is an emerging category that holds significant promise for Qualcomm, and we are very pleased to have worked with Timex and AT&T on the development of the IRONMAN® ONE GPS+ sports watch and delivery platform," saidDerek Aberle, President of Qualcomm Incorporated. "The watch combines the human wrist ergonomics expertise of Timex with proven Qualcomm technologies and will provide fitness enthusiasts with a truly unparalleled design and connected experience."
"Wearable devices like smartwatches can deliver so much more value for customers when they are fully connected," saidGlenn Lurie, president of Emerging Enterprises and Partnerships, AT&T Mobility. "TIMEX® IRONMAN® ONE GPS+ is a perfect illustration. It gives the user a simplified yet robust experience he or she needs during and after a workout without having to rely on a smartphone."
TIMEX® IRONMAN® ONE GPS+ is powered by a cloud-based service delivery platform managed by Synchronoss, which is also leading the development of the product's mobile application and web portal.
"With the pioneering TIMEX® IRONMAN® ONE GPS+, Timex is at the forefront of connected devices, where innovation occurs at the intersection of product and user interface," saidNick Lazzaro, EVP & President, Emerging Markets, Synchronoss. "That's why we're proud to develop cloud-based solutions that will provide users with a powerful, yet intuitive, interface for monitoring performance, health and fitness goals."
The introduction of the TIMEX® IRONMAN® ONE GPS+ smartwatch marks a further expansion of the iconic TIMEX® IRONMAN® portfolio, which includes the following products launched in 2014: TIMEX® IRONMAN® Movex20, TIMEX® IRONMAN® Runx20 GPS and TIMEX® IRONMAN® Run x50+.
The TIMEX® IRONMAN® ONE GPS+ will be available for purchase this fall at timex.com, att.com, AT&T stores, select sports specialty and electronic stores. Pre-order is now available on http://www.timex.com at$399.95.