Designed with standard NVMe and Open Channel capabilities, Silicon Motion Technology’s SM2270 PCIe NVMe SSD controller promises high performance, high capacity, high reliability, and low latency SSD storage for enterprise and data center applications. It is a complete SSD controller solution with user-specific or turnkey firmware that can support Open Channel storage implementations as well as standard NVMe protocols.
- PCIe Gen 3 x 8 lanes, supporting standard NVMe 1.3 protocols
- Support Open Channel implementations such as the Microsoft Denali pre-standard
- 16 NAND flash channels and SSD capacity up to 16TB
- Powerful triple dual-core Arm® Cortex®-R5-based architecture for high data throughput
- Up to 800,000 IOPS in 4KB random read operation
- Support the latest 3D NAND, including 96-layer TLC and QLC flash, from all major NAND manufacturers.
Additionally, the SM2270 ensures reliable data storage and retrieval, even in extreme operating conditions. Protection features include:
- Power Loss Protection, which eliminates the risk of data loss in the event of an unexpected power outage.
- The 6th generation NANDXtend technology, which incorporates machine learning algorithms supporting Silicon Motion's proprietary high-performance LDPC error correction code (ECC) engine with RAID, ensuring better data integrity even in extreme operating environments.
- End-to-end data path protection, which applies ECC to the SSD's SRAM and DRAM buffers as well as to the primary NAND flash memory array. This maintains the integrity of every bit of data as it is transmitted between the host and the SSD, and between buffer memories and NAND flash.
The SM2270 is available and in production now. For more enlightenment, visit Silicon Motion.