DE LEON SPRINGS, FL /BUSINESS WIRE/ -- Sparton Corp. will feature AHRS-8, a highly advanced inertial sensor that enhances a best-in-class product line at the Society of Exploration Geophysicists Annual Meeting, booth 400, November 4–9, 2012, in Las Vegas, NV. The AHRS-8 is a MEMS-based (micro electro-mechanical systems) attitude heading reference system. Fully temperature compensated and individually calibrated over temperature, the AHRS-8 is the perfect navigation solution for challenging environments requiring the highest level of accuracy, such as in oil and gas exploration. AHRS-8 complements Sparton's full line of inertial sensor solutions, designed specifically to meet systems designer's stringent requirements.
"Our AHRS-8 provides full in-sensor programmability via the NorthTek Development System and offers superior accuracy and stability at temperature extremes with our revolutionary AdaptNav II sensor fusion algorithm," said Jim Lackemacher, Vice President of Sparton Navigation and Exploration and Defense and Security divisions. "The AHRS-8 also provides revolutionary centripetal acceleration error correction that drives the highest level of accuracy in the most dynamic situations," he added.
- AdaptNav II adaptive algorithms provide real-time optimization of navigation sensor performance in varying electro-magnetic and dynamic operating environments.
- Fully temperature compensated and individually calibrated over the –40° to 70° operating range, the system provides industry-leading heading accuracy in a broad range of application environments.
- Powerful user sensor customization is provided via the NorthTek Development System.
- Revolutionary centripetal acceleration error correction algorithm provides superior roll orientation stability in highly dynamic environments.
- User-selectable accelerometer dynamic ranges are provided.
- Low power delivered with power management capability (sleep mode).
- True north heading output provided via a built-in World Magnetic Model.
- Robust provided via a fully encapsulated design.
Visit the company's Web site for additional product information, and to order the full line of Sparton Navigation and Exploration inertial sensor products.
Sparton Corp., now in its 112th year, is a provider of complex and sophisticated electromechanical devices, with capabilities that include concept development, industrial design, design and manufacturing engineering, production, distribution, and field service to technology-driven companies in the medical device, defense and security systems, and electronic manufacturing services markets. Headquartered in Schaumburg, IL, Sparton currently has four manufacturing locations worldwide.