Paris, France – Simpulse announces availability of an ultra flexible embedded SDR modem board for professional high-performance video transmissions. The board integrates Simpulse’s patented PULSAR DSP co-processor, a scalable and programmable hardware architecture that induces great flexibility and ensures customer products to be evolutive, easy to customise and extend.
The new PULSAR-B325x2-MV mobile video modem board offers high radio performances for long-range and highly mobile transmissions. The radio modem features great system robustness coupled with high flexibility, thanks to the underlying PULSAR technology.
The modem features optimised Multi-Carrier (COFDM) and Sing-Carrier waveforms, as well as multi-antenna processing and a multi-user option. The board offers support for multiple data-links in one modem, and supports Frequency Agility for frequency carriers from 70 MHz to 6 GHz. Useful bitrates from 500 Kbit/s to 15 Mbit/s are offered. The board comes in two hardware versions for high (ref. PULSAR-B325x2) and medium (ref. PULSAR-B160x2) processing capabilities.
Targeted applications are specialised mobile video transmissions, such as Air-Ground data-links, in Drones, unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV), connected robots and Machine-to-Machine (M2M) communication systems, as well as Outdoor events broadcasting.
Modem Key features
• Very long-range and highly mobile video and data transmissions
• RF agility: from 70 MHz to 6 GHz
• Optimised Multi-carrier waveforms
• Multi-antenna processing
• Software options for Multi-user systems, optimized Single-carrier waveforms, dedicated bi-directional control link
• Software can be adapted to customer needs
• Useful bitrate from 500 Kbit/s to 15 Mbit/s
• Bandwidth from 3 to 8 MHz
• RF from 70 MHz to 6 GHz
High radio performances
• Advanced signal processing for high doppler and long range transmission
• LDPC error correction
• Multi-waveforms: COFDM, Single Carrier, SC-OFDM
• Multiple antenna techniques: Rx diversity, options for Tx diversity and spatial multiplexing
• Optional long time interleaver to face long fading
For more information visit http://www.simpulse-dsp.com