The portable SB800 EX converts serial interface devices into Ethernet-enabled technology, allowing users to securely and remotely access serial devices as if they were plugged directly into their computer, with no programming or development required. Optional integrated 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi offers flexibility for remote applications and cable-free installations. The SB800EX is secure, featuring SSL/TLS, HTTPS, and SSH security.
Since the hardware is preprogrammed to convert serial data to Ethernet, the SB800 EX can be used right out of the box. However, if users are looking to create custom applications, the NetBurner Network Development Kit found on the SB800 EX product page enables customization of any aspect of operation including dynamic web pages, data filtering, data logging or custom network applications. Other features of the SB800 EX include:
- Two Serial Ports jumperless configuration
- RS-232, RS-455 and RS-485 baud rates up to 921,600 bps
- 10/100Mbps Ethernet
- TCP/UDP/Telnet and DHCP/Static IP modes
- Flash card interface for data logging (with dev kit)
- Real-time Clock
- Custom packetization of serial data
- The ability to create a serial tunnel or transparent IP connection with two serial devices
- Industrial Operating Temperature: -40° to 85° C
This new product allows current NetBurner SB72EX and SB700EX users to upgrade and also offers the opportunity to rebrand with a custom product label. For more information, including a full list of features, options, configurations and associated kits, check out the SB800 EX product page.