ATLANTA, GA --- OutSystems 10 debuts as the first low-code application development platform with advanced capabilities for enterprise mobile applications. With OutSystems 10, regular developers can now build the type of secure and scalable apps that, until today, have only been achievable by highly skilled software engineers. OutSystems 10 addresses two huge problems enterprises face with their mobile app strategy: the relentless demand to stay competitive by bringing new mobile solutions to the market and the scarcity of mobile development skills needed to build enterprise-grade, cross-platform apps.
The latest release from OutSystems extends the platform’s comprehensive application development capabilities for on-premises and cloud-based environments. OutSystems 10 introduces seven new capabilities that dramatically accelerate the time to build full-featured, enterprise-grade mobile apps.
1. Visually drag and drop all the components of mobile apps: user interface, backend integrations, business logic, and more.
2. Build once - run anywhere, with a single code base that can be deployed on iOS and Android platforms.
3. Create high-performance user experiences with smooth, sub-80 millisecond response times. OutSystems 10 includes an extensive library of optimized, beautiful UX widgets and the ability to add custom code with pixel-perfect control.
4. Incorporate native device capabilities and sensors without writing any code: cameras, touch ID, motion, and more. Drag and drop sensor functionality into models to create immersive user experiences.
5. Build sophisticated and secure offline experiences with on-device business logic without having to worry about the underlying plumbing. Support any offline scenario from simple offline data caching to the most complex offline data access and synchronization.
6. Simplify deployment with time-saving features: test apps instantly on any device, package apps for the app store with a single click, and update apps automatically over the network.
7. Reduce the backlog for mobile app development. Developers can go from zero to highly productive in just a few weeks.
According to Gartner, “Through 2018, market demand for mobile apps will grow at least five times faster than the internal IT capacity to deliver those apps.” Gartner also stated, “enterprises find it a challenge to rapidly develop, deploy and maintain mobile apps, as it is exceedingly difficult and costly to hire developers with good mobile skills.” (Gartner Reports: “Market Share Analysis: Mobile App Development Platforms, Worldwide, 2015,” published: 20 July 2016 and “The Enterprise App Explosion: Scaling One to 100 Mobile Apps,” published 07 May 2015, respectively.)
OutSystems 10 is available today. To see the platform in action or try it for free, visit http://www.outsystems.com