Built on non-volatile memory (NVMe) technology, Newisys launches what it is calling the groundbreaking Newisys NSS2560 platform featuring a patented side-loading design, high capacity, and low latency. The unit targets applications requiring ultra-high performance. The platform includes a balanced system architecture for maximum system performance in this highly available enterprise-grade platform.
Reportedly, NVMe storage architecture has been disrupting the flash storage market, dramatically improving bandwidth, IOPs and latency for high performance applications. The NSS2560 platform offers certain advantages that include:
- 50 GB/s (reads) over four 100Gb Ethernet ports, 12.5 million IOPs (reads) and 64 GB/s bandwidth to drives between both servers.
- Patented side-load design houses fifty-six 2.5-inch NVMe drives in a 2U form factor, enabling high performance storage of up to 1.68PB (includes both dual-node server modules).
- Takes full advantage of NVMe technology, resulting in low-latency across the drives, the system and between server nodes.
- A balanced system architecture for non-blocking performance, providing 32 PCIe lanes to the NVMe drives, and 32 PCIe lanes to the network.
- High availability enterprise-grade platform enabled by dual-ported, hot-swappable NVMe drives and a fully redundant architecture.
- An efficient and cost-effective platform for best possible TCO that provides a smaller footprint and the highest density and capacity for improved OPEX. Provides a balanced system with no over-provisioning for the lowest CAPEX.