The latest version of COMSOL Multiphysics features COMSOL Compiler that gives users the ability to distribute their simulation applications through executable files, and the Composite Materials Module for layered structures analysis. In its latest version, COMSOL Multiphysics Version 5.4 plus two new products provide performance improvements and additional modeling tools.
COMSOL Compiler allows users to create standalone applications. Compiled applications are bundled with COMSOL Runtime - no COMSOL Multiphysics or COMSOL Server license required to run. Specialists can compile an application into a single executable file for unlimited use and distribution.
A new Composite Materials Module delivers modeling tools for users working with layered materials. By combining the Composite Materials Module with new functionality for layered shells available in the Heat Transfer Module and the AC/DC Module, users can perform multiphysics analysis such as Joule heating with thermal expansion.
COMSOL Multiphysics version 5.4 comes with several productivity improvements such as the ability to use multiple parameter sets in a model, including parametric sweeping over multiple parameter sets. Users can now organize the Model Builder nodes into groups and assign custom coloring schemes to geometry models. Among the various performance improvements is the updated memory allocation scheme that gives several times faster computations in the Windows 7 and 10 operating systems for computers with more than 8 processor cores.
The AC/DC Module features a new part library with fully parametric and ready-to-use coils and magnetic cores. The CFD Module comes with large eddy simulations (LES) and significantly updated modeling tools for multiphase flow.
Version 5.4 updates in a nutshell:
- COMSOL Compiler: For creating standalone executable applications.
- Composite Materials Module: For modeling layered materials.
- COMSOL Multiphysics: Multiple parameter nodes in the Model Builder. Group Model Builder nodes into folders. Coloring of physics and geometry selections. Several times faster solution time in the Windows® 7 and10 operating systems for computers with more than 8 processor cores.
- Multiphysics: Heat transfer, electric currents, and Joule heating in thin layered structures.
- Electromagnetics: Fully parametric and ready-to-use parts for coils and magnetic cores. Structural-thermal-optical-performance (STOP)analysis for ray optics.
- Structural: Shock response spectrum analysis. Material activation for additive manufacturing.
- Acoustics: Acoustic ports. Nonlinear acoustics Westervelt model.
- Fluid flow: Large eddy simulation (LES). Fluid-structure interaction (FSI) for multiphase flow and multibody dynamics.
- Heat transfer: Heat radiation with diffuse-specular reflections and semi-transparent surfaces. Light-diffusion equation.
- Chemical: Lumped models for batteries. Updated thermodynamics interface.
- Optimization: New topology optimization tool.
COMSOL Multiphysics, COMSOL Server, and COMSOL Compiler software products are supported on the following operating systems: Windows, Linux, and macOS. The Application Builder tool is supported in the Windows operating system. For greater enlightenment, browse version 5.4 release highlights and/or download the latest version.