PITTSBURGH /BUSINESS WIRE/ -- MEMS Industry Group (MIG), the industry organization advancing micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS) across global markets, announced its conference and exposition line-up for the 2013 Sensors Expo & Conference, the premier industry event in North America for designing sensors and sensor-integrated systems. Joined by leading member-companies, MIG will examine MEMS sensor fusion through a pre-conference symposium. MIG speakers will also address MEMS in consumer, industrial, and medical/healthcare markets through a MEMS conference track and MEMS Pavilion exhibition area on the show floor.
Pre-conference Symposium: MEMS Sensor Fusion
During the MEMS Preconference Symposium "MEMS Sensor Fusion: Faster: Stronger. Smarter" on June 4, MIG speakers will discuss how sensor fusion—the intelligent combination of data from several sensors for the purpose of improving application or system performance—is moving rapidly into the commercialization phase.
"MEMS sensor fusion offers the leading approach to meeting or exceeding power, performance, and cost requirements in heterogeneous embedded systems, including mobile handsets and tablets," said Karen Lightman, Executive Director, MEMS Industry Group. "And with MEMS sensors critical to the Internet of Things, embedded systems designers are increasingly hungry for information on sensor fusion tools and techniques. That is why, in our third consecutive year of playing a significant role at Sensors Expo, we decided to focus our symposium on this exciting topic."
The MEMS Pre-conference Symposium will feature:
- Introduction. Karen Lightman, Executive Director, MEMS Industry Group
- MEMS Analyst Panel: Sensor Fusion Growth and Trends. Marwan Boustany, Senior Analyst MEMS + SENSORS, IHS iSuppli; Laurent Robin, Market and Technology Analyst, Yole Developpement; Tony Massimini, Chief of Technology, Semico Research
- Simplifying Sensor Fusion. Marcellino Gemelli, Senior Marketing Manager, Bosch Sensortec
- How to Use Always-On Sensors for Context Awareness: Getting More Out of Mobile Devices. Kevin Shaw, CTO, Sensor Platforms
- Architectures for "Always-On" Motion Sensor Fusion for Mobile Devices. Per Slycke, CTO and founder, Xsens Technologies BV
- Piezoelectric MEMS MicroPowerGenerators for Smart Wireless Sensor Networks. Kathleen Vaeth, Vice President of Engineering, MicroGen Systems
- How the Micro-Amp Magnetic Gyro Opens up New Possibilities for Mobile Applications. John Chong, Director, Product Engineering, Kionix
- Android as a Platform for Sensor Fusion Education and Evaluation. Mike Stanley, Systems Engineer, Freescale Semiconductor
- Sensor Modeling for MEMS Sensor Fusion. MaryAnn Maher, CEO and founder, SoftMEMS
- MEMS Sensor Fusion Panel: A Dive into Standardization. David DiPaola, Principal, DiPaola Consulting; Ken Foust, Sensor Technologist, Intel Corp.; Becky Oh, President and CEO, PNI Sensor Corp.; Satwant Singh, MIPI Alliance
- Thinking Outside the (Mobile) Box: Other Important High-Value Applications for Sensor Fusion. Alissa Fitzgerald, founder and Managing Member, A.M. Fitzgerald & Associates
MEMS Conference Track
As chair of the MEMS conference track at Sensors Expo & Conference on June 5–6, MIG has picked top speakers from the entire MEMS supply chain to present their findings and solutions to critical challenges and opportunities in MEMS commercialization.
"Our partnership with MEMS Industry Group has become critical, especially as MEMS plays an increasingly important role within the greater sensor ecosystem," said Wendy Loew, Group Show Director for Questex Media Group, LLC, producers of Sensors Expo. "MIG is uniquely able to bring insightful and pragmatic MEMS-centric programming to Sensors Expo & Conference, and this is invaluable to our attendees."
The MEMS conference track will include:
- Industrial Motion Sensors 101. Robert Badalian, Senior Director of Business Development, Industrial and Automotive Markets, InvenSense
- Motion Control Technologies: Interface of the Future. Chuck Gritton, CTO, Hillcrest Labs
- From Sensor Fusion to Data Fusion: Enabling the Dream of Context-Aware Mobile Devices. Tim Kelliher, Customer Solutions Architect; Dave Rothenberg, Marketing Director; Movea
- Tools and Process Capabilities for Next Generation MEMS. Mike Rosa, 200 mm MEMS Global Product/Marketing Manager, Applied Materials
- Smart Sensor Systems Made Easy! Pieter Struik, R&D Engineer; Ad Vaassen, R&D Engineer, Synopsys
- MEMS Applications in Medicine and Healthcare. Jay Esfandyari, Product Marketing Manager, STMicroelectronics
- Trends in the MEMS Marketplace and Trends in Wafer Bonding. Eric Pabo, Business Development Manager, EV Group
- Automating Power Control Using MEMS Sensors. Nitzan Gadish, Product Applications Engineer; James Lee, Digital Design Engineer, Analog Devices
- The Critical Role of Packaging for MEMS Products. Matthew Apanius, Director, Desich SMART Center
MEMS Pavilion and MEMS Lounge
MIG will sponsor and share the MEMS Pavilion, an exhibition area showcasing some of the most exciting innovations in MEMS products and services. MIG's booth is located in #309 of the MEMS Pavilion. MIG will also host MEMS Lounge, a casual networking space within the MEMS Pavilion. Sponsored by EV Group (EVG), MEMS Lounge is open to all attendees of Sensors Expo & Conference and is located in #T2 of the MEMS Pavilion. For more information, please visit the organization's Web site.
About Sensors Expo & Conference
Since 1986, Sensors Expo & Conference has been the leading industry event in North America exclusively focused on sensors and has emerged as one of the largest and most important gatherings of engineers and scientists involved in the development and deployment of sensor systems. The Sensors Expo & Conference is produced and managed by Questex Media Group LLC, a global, diversified business-to-business integrated media and information provider, headquartered in Newton, MA.
About MEMS Industry Group
MEMS Industry Group (MIG) is the trade association advancing MEMS across global markets. More than 140 companies and industry partners comprise MIG, including Analog Devices, Applied Materials, Bosch, Freescale Semiconductor, GE, Honeywell, HP, Intel, InvenSense, Murata Electronics Oy, OMRON Electronic Components, Qualcomm Technologies Inc., STMicroelectronics, and Texas Instruments.
MEMS Industry Group and the MEMS Industry Group logo are registered trademarks of MEMS Industry Group. All other product and company names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.