ITHACA, NY /BUSINESS WIRE/ -- Kionix Inc., a leading supplier of MEMS inertial sensors and software solutions, announced that its innovative KMX61G micro-amp magnetic gyro has won the 2013 Best of Sensors Innovation Award. This award, presented at the 2013 Sensors Expo & Conference, recognizes the most exciting new sensor technologies available today, based on the distinctiveness of the solution, possible applications, and overall potential impact.
Kionix's KMX61G is a high performance accelerometer-magnetometer sensor with industry-leading sensor fusion software that delivers the "world's first highly accurate gyro emulation, using as little as one-tenth the power of a traditional 9-axis solution." This dramatic power savings, combined with the KMX61G's high-performance hardware and innovative software, allows Kionix to provide product developers with a wide range of new application possibilities.
Now this single 6-axis device can provide 9-axis accelerometer, magnetometer, and gyro outputs, with a power profile low enough to enable applications previously unreachable using traditional 9-axis solutions. These applications include wearable mobile devices for health, fitness and monitoring applications, as well as smartphones and tablets.
- 5 µA standby, 550 µA full operating power consumption
- 3 by 3 by 0.9 mm package
- User-programmable ±2 g/±4 g/±8 g full-scale accelerometer range
- ±1200 µT total magnetometer measurement range
- 512-byte FIFO buffer, with watermarking capability
- Embedded temperature sensor
- User-selectable ODR from 0.781 Hz to 1.6 KHz
- Magnetometer algorithms for auto-calibration and MI rejection
- Low-power motion wake-up
- Supply voltages between 1.8 and 3.3 V
- Excellent bias stability over temperature. Bias errors resulting from assembly can be trimmed digitally by the user.
- Accelerometer, magnetometer, and emulated gyro outputs, with up to 14-bit resolution
Kionix Inc., a global MEMS inertial sensor manufacturer based in Ithaca, NY, USA, offers high-performance, low-power accelerometers, gyroscopes, and 6-axis combination sensors plus comprehensive software libraries that support a full range of sensor combinations, operating systems, and hardware platforms. Leading consumer, automotive, health and fitness. and industrial companies worldwide use Kionix sensors and total system solutions to enable motion-based functionality in their products. Kionix is ISO 9001:2008- and TS 16949-certified. Kionix is a wholly owned subsidiary of ROHM Co. Ltd.
Kionix is a registered trademark of Kionix Inc.