NETGEAR’s latest four Gigabit switches with Power-over-Ethernet (PoE+) and SFP ports for fiber uplinks expand the second-generation family of Smart Managed Pro Switches purposely designed for converged networks where voice, video, data, and IoT are all carried on a single network platform. The Smart Managed Pro switches are also equipped with enhanced security features such as:
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) Snooping – which monitors for and allows only authorized DHCP servers to respond to DHCP requests and to pass network data to clients. It also provides the ability to control the rate of traffic sent of DHCP requests on client ports, thereby mitigating the effect of DHCP Denial of Service (DoS) attacks from an individual client or access port.
- Dynamic Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) Inspection (DAI) – DAI inspects ARP packets on the Local Area Network (LAN) and uses the information in the DHCP snooping database on a switch to validate ARP packets and to protect against ARP spoofing/poisoning/cache poisoning.
The combination of these two form a protection against man-in-the-middle attacks, when “attackers” use an IP address of a different valid client to secretly relay or alter the communication between devices in the network.
Advanced network tools:
- Full line-rate Gigabit connectivity - for highly efficient and fast networking for bandwidth-hungry businesses
- Traffic priority setting - for optimized voice, data and video convergence (DiffServ QoS)
- Intuitive configuration of Media Streaming and Audio-Visual over Internet Protocol (AV-over-IP) with multicast capabilities - AV over IP significantly increases flexibility by overcoming limits to number of sources and destinations as well as by conquering distance limits.
- Registration (MVR) - IGMP Snooping allows switches to listen to IGMP report and leave messages to determine what hosts if any are interested in receiving multicast traffic on a given VLAN to limit unnecessary flooding of multicast traffic to switch ports that do not have hosts interested in receiving multicast traffic.
Multicast VLAN Registration (MVR) – enables multicast traffic to be dedicated to a specific VLAN across a multicast domain so that receivers in other VLANs can join the sources in the dedicated VLAN and received multicast traffic. Full IPv6 support reduces network limitations imposed by IPv4 restrictions.
- 24-Port Gigabit PoE+ Smart Managed Pro Switch (GS728TPv2) — $379.99
- 24-Port Gigabit PoE+ Smart Managed Pro Switch (GS728TPPv2) — $499.99
- 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Smart Managed Pro Switch (GS752TPv2) — $599.99
- 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Smart Managed Pro Switch (GS752TPP) — $799.99
For more details, visit Netgear Smart Managed Pro Switches.