It goes without saying that embedded systems are organizing and controlling just about every current application, whether it be complex IoT systems to pithy smart home novelties back to advanced virtual medical installations. Equally obvious, embedded software holds all of these systems together. Therefore, it would be hard to disagree with the results of Global Market Insights’ latest research report, “Global Embedded Software Market”, that sees the global embedded software market growing from its current market value of $12+ billion to over $20 billion by 2025.
Report findings include:
- Primary growth is attributed to the increased use of embedded devices in retail and automotive sector applications.
- Demand for open source Linux software and RTOS software is expected escalate significantly.
- RTOS segment is projected to register a CAGR of more than 11% due to the increase in the demand for consumer electronic products, automotive electronics, and medical devices.
- Linux held a major embedded software market share in 2018 due to the demand for open-source development tools and software.
- ARM Mbed RTOS is expected to grow at the highest rate in the embedded software market over the forecast period due to an increase in the adoption of the IoT technology in smart applications.
- The automotive sector held an embedded software market share of over 17% in 2018 due to the increase in the adoption of RTOSs in vehicles.
- North America embedded software market held a major share of over 50% in 2018 due to the presence of key players such as Intel, Microsoft, and IBM in the region.
- Players operating in the embedded software market are ENEA, Green Hills Software, IBM, Intel, Microsoft, Advantech, Microchip, Mitsubishi, STMicroelectronics, Express Logic, LG CNS, Mentor Graphics, National Instruments, Segger, Texas, Renesas, HCL, Qualcomm, Toshiba, Via, Dexcel, Graphene, and Qualitat systems.
To learn more about the embedded software market and its mutation and permutations on every level, you should register for and attend the Embedded Technologies Expo & Conference being held June 25 to 27, 2019 in San Jose, CA, which is co-located with Sensors Expo & Conference.