Electric Imp reveals its high-performance integration with Microsoft’s Azure IoT Hub, which will enable Imp customers to use Microsoft’s storage and advanced data analytics, while simplifying the setup and management of highly scalable, secure communications between the edge and cloud. Allegedly deployed on over a million devices, the Electric Imp Platform includes:
- Independent security certification, including status as the only IoT platform certified to UL 2900-2-2 (Standard for Software Cybersecurity for Network-Connectable Devices, Part 2-2: Particular Requirements for Industrial Control Systems)
- Fail-safe OTA upgrades of both operating system and application, with comprehensive device and operations management
- Cloud middleware to address varied real-world use cases and enterprise integrations
- Widely available pre-provisioned modules, enabling easy device manufacturing
- Public and private cloud options
Integration with Azure IoT Hub is based on the Advanced Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP), enabling advanced IoT solutions for users that require commercial- and industrial-scale custom edge processing and data integration capabilities. More information is available about the Electric Imp integration with Azure IoT Hub as well as Electric Imp’s IoT Platform.