Addressing the rapid development and changes in control systems, connectivity and sensor technology requires sophisticated software such as LR SMARTOBSERVER. The ‘out-of-the-box’ application software product recently introduced by ifm electronic enables users to condition data acquisition primarily to see what is happening in their manufacturing plant right down to individual sensor level and then store that data for analysis later.
At the heart of Smartobserver is LR agent CP, which is the key to collecting data and is essentially configurable, bio-directional communicating interface software. It collects and handles the information from the machines in the manufacturing process and transmits it to other systems (e.g. databases, ERP systems, MES). In addition, LR Agent CP can send the required information back to the machines in the process.
Essentially, the application provides operators with details of the bigger picture with an analysis of what is occurring in their process, driven by direct data collected from the sensors in their plant. Allegedly, relying on historical data for estimations becomes unnecessary and irrelevant. The result is improved condition monitoring of machines and installations, better analysis of energy consumption, and optimum quality control of the processed products.
In a nutshell, Smartobserver features include:
- continuous condition monitoring of machines & systems
- trend analysis
- representation of limits and evaluation of all process parameters
- data collection of all available parameters
- visualization & evaluation with trend display for pressure, flow, temperature, current & rotational speed.
- changing operating condition of machines, data provision for more sophisticated systems such as ERP, SAP, HANA, MII, ME and alarm escalation chains
If this piques your curiosity, greater knowledge is easily attainable on the LR SMARTOBSERVER page.