Sampling now, Technologic Systems’ TS-4100 computer on module (COM) is the company’s first COM to feature the NXP i.MX 6 UltraLite processor. It also features a single ARM Cortex A7 core, operating at speeds up to 695 MHz. The NXP i.MX 6UL processors offer scalable performance and multimedia support, along with low power consumption. Typical power consumption is 300 mW.
TS-4100 specs and features include:
- Processor — NXP i.MX 6UL (ARM Cortex-A7 @ 695MHz)
- Memory — 4GB MLC eMMC which can be configured to a more robust 2GB SLC eMMC
- RAM — Up to 1GB
- Storage — MicroSD slot supporting Ultra High-Speed bus interface
- Wireless — 802.11 b/g/n; Bluetooth BLE
- Networking — 2x 10/100 Ethernet ports available on CoM interface
- Parallel LCD
- I2S Audio
- 2x USB OTG Ports
- SPI Bus
- I2C Bus
- RS232 for Linux console
- 2x RS232
- 16x Header Pins (5X DIO, 1x SPI, 1X I2C)
- 46x Digital I/O
- 8x PWM Channel
- FPGA includes integrated ZPU, a 32-bit CPU architecture for offloading real-time tasks
- CPU can access ZPU memory allowing for reprogramming of the firmware on the fly as well as bi-directional communication.
- Other features — Watchdog timer
- 5V input Power — via USB or via Baseboard
- Typical Power Consumption 0.30 W
- Fanless Temperature Range -40°C to 85°C
- Dimensions: 75 mm x 55 mm
- Operating systems: Linux and Debian(Jessie)
The TS-4100 can also be used as a standalone micro single-board computer. When powered from the on-board micro USB connector, it does not require a baseboard to operate. The system could be a processing node on a Wi-Fi or Bluetooth network, or with the optional daughter card expansion connector, it could interact with other devices directly.
Pricing starts at $157 in single units, with volume discounts reaching $119. The TS-8551-4100 Evaluation Kit is also available now and includes the TS-8551 development board along with all the accessories needed to start development. A wealth information and specs are available on the TS-4100 product page.
Technologic Systems, Inc.
Fountain Hills, AZ