OptDyn renders the latest version of its cloud computing software, which it claims is the world's first intelligent peer-to-peer (P2P) cloud computing platform. Subutai 7.0 disrupts, decentralizes, and commoditizes Cloud Computing and the Internet of Things (IoT), allowing users to easily participate in a cryptocurrency sharing economy through energy-efficient cryptocurrency mining and renting of idle computing resources on the edge.
Subutai originated as a multi-million-dollar advanced defense research contract for a new P2P Cloud computing platform that could reconfigure itself dynamically and securely across the Internet. In 2013, after the client allowed the core technology to be open sourced, OptDyn was founded to bring Subutai to the world.
The Subutai ecosystem consists of:
- Subutai PeerOS —Open Source, container-based P2P Cloud and IoT software;
- Subutai Bazaar —a marketplace to buy/sell computing resources and applications. Bazaar Blueprints instantly stand up common open source applications like MatterMost and the Subutai Blockchain-in-a-Box blueprint;
- Subutai Blockchain Router —a power-efficient “green” broadband Cloud router and IoT gateway that serves as a plug-and-play cryptocurrency wallet and mining device. Subutai Blockchain Router v2.0 is currently in production, with delivery Q3 2018; and
- KHAN —an Ethereum Blockchain-based reserve currency token the ubiquitous currency across the Subutai Platform. Launching 2018.
Updates, enhancements, and bug fixes make Subutai v7.0 faster, more efficient, and easier to use. Highlights include:
- Bazaar and Control-Center usability improvements;
- Blockchain Smart Contracts for Service Level Agreements;
- P2P fast-warm up and other performance improvements;
- Default CoW (copy-on-write) file system uses ZFS;
- Standard Debian Packaging; and template versioning;
- Numerous stability improvements and bug fixes.
As Open Source software, Subutai is available 100% free-of-charge. Subutai's 29 repositories are available for download now. Need help getting started? Don’t wait or flounder, get started now. And for more details, visit OptDyn.