GRENOBLE, France -- CEA-Leti announced a focus on a new collaboration mode for a wide range of industry oriented customers from start-ups to manufacturers.
The research oriented unique CEA-Leti's world-class process and metrology tool set should also offer:
- Advanced single step processes to high end process modules to realize some or the entire product or simply make a proof-of-concept demonstration;
- Flexible customer owned processes to meet small manufacturing requirements, through prototyping or small pre-series before transfer to commercial foundries;
- Equipment access through the expertise of CEA-Leti engineers.
LETI-3S for Silicon Specialty Solutions is targeting start-ups, component integrators, fabless or fablite companies, equipment or consumable suppliers. Other entities should be concerned such as foundries or research centers with a limited processes offer, micro and nanotechnologies companies who don't want low-volume activities, and high-value silicon wafers dealers.
3S addresses following main domains:
- Front Side/Back Side cleanings, wet etch and stripping
- Lithography with dual side alignment capability. LETI-3S can provide generic masks but usually works on customer designs adapted to CEA-Leti lithography tools.
- Implantation, epitaxy, diffusion
- CMP, bonding, grinding, dicing
- Advanced in-line metrology
LETI-3S is operated on the Minatec Campus in Grenoble on 24/7 200 mm and 300 mm technological platforms. Lower wafer sizes should be available thanks to an innovative holder technology. LETI-3S can provide substrates or work on customers wafers, pre-processed or not, through stringent contamination protocols.
The ISO9001 certification reinforces CEA-Leti's leadership position as an industry oriented research center. LETI-3S ensures a full traceability from process flow conception to products delivery. SPC, FMEA, audits or conformance certificates to specifications are available according to the type of inquiry.
"LETI-3S is totally in accordance with the CEA-Leti missions to create and to transfer innovations to the industry", said Laurent Malier, CEO of CEA-Leti. "This is a great opportunity for us to give a simple access to our resources and thus enlarge significantly the panel of our industrial partners on different markets in our application domains".
CEA is a French research and technology organization, with activities in four main areas: energy, information technologies, healthcare technologies and defence and security. Within CEA, the Laboratory for Electronics & Information Technology (CEA-Leti) works with companies in order to increase their competitiveness through technological innovation and transfers. CEA-Leti is focused on micro and nanotechnologies and their applications, from wireless devices and systems, to biology and healthcare or photonics. Nanoelectronics and microsystems (MEMS) are at the core of its activities. As a major player in MINATEC campus, CEA-Leti operates 8,000-m2 state-of-the-art clean rooms, on 24/7 mode, on 200 mm and 300 mm wafer standards. With 1,400 employees, CEA-Leti trains more than 190 Ph.D. students and hosts 200 assignees from partner companies. Strongly committed to the creation of value for the industry, CEA-Leti puts a strong emphasis on intellectual property and owns more than 1,700 patent families.