Filament’s Blocklet Foundation Kit, a blockchain development kit, is designed for embedded and hardware developers focused on the Internet of Things (IoT). The kit provides hands-on experience with Filament’s Blocklet technology and allows users to generate IoT blockchain transactions on-device and demonstrate smart contract functionality.
The Blocklet Foundation Kit’s comprehensive and preconfigured Blocklet-enabled hardware, software and resources can be used online or offline to demonstrate attestation-driven smart contracts and machine-to-machine (M2M) transactions between devices on a distributed ledger with Filament’s Blocklet technology. The Blocklet Foundation Kit’s key components include:
- A tablet computer preloaded with tools, applications and example scripts that allow an embedded developer to quickly experiment with Blocklet.
- IoT device with an integrated, interactive user interface that demonstrates how Blocklet provides an identity for legacy infrastructure components.
- Blocklet USB Enclaves that bring Blocklet’s features to existing hardware.
- A lightweight, prewired IoT breadboard that includes a Blocklet UART module and ESP32 Wi-Fi/Bluetooth microcontroller, which provides a functional example of Blocklet operating in an embedded environment.
- Ethereum support and a robust embedded Software Development Kit (SDK).
Also available is Filament’s Accelerator Services for companies seeking blockchain consulting support in developing emerging business models and revenue streams through the adoption of enterprise blockchain solutions. The Blocklet Foundation Kit and Accelerator Services are currently available. For more details, checkout the Blocklet kit.