ROCK HILL, SC -- 3D Systems announces the immediate availability of its new Geomagic Sculpt 3D modeling software with Touch haptic 3D stylus. Geomagic Sculpt erases the boundaries of solid modeling, empowering the freedom of designing complex, curvy and organic shapes. With precise positioning input and instant force feedback that mimics the sense of physical sculpting, the Touch 3D stylus adds the ability to literally feel what is being created. Touch uses the power of haptics to allow users to feel every shape, every texture and every curve in design creations. Together, they are the most intuitive way to design functional and beautiful products, and enhance existing product design workflows.
Geomagic Sculpt with Touch 3D Stylus Features:
• Virtual Clay Modeling - Harness the power of virtual clay to easily create exquisitely complex and organic forms. Enjoy the ability to tug, ridge, emboss and form just like real clay. Unlock
• intuitive design potential when you can feel the model using the Touch.
• Seamlessly Beautify Your CAD Models - Geomagic Sculpt works alongside your current CAD software, so you can design like never before while working within established workflows.
• Geomagic Sculpt completes your design suite by adding unconstrained geometry to your existing 3D modeling tools.
• Multi-representational Design Freedom - Geomagic Sculpt is the only software that combines the benefits of voxel modeling and Sub Divisional (SubD) surface modeling with dimension-driven sketch tools.
• You can create exactly the geometry you envision, using constraints where you need to and omitting them where you don't.
Incredible Detailing Tools - Fine tune even the smallest elements and make your products stand out. Geomagic Sculpt lets you bake textures of any complexity into virtual clay and perfect them for the ideal look and feel. Design flourishes, which are often impossible in CAD, are simple to do in Sculpt - just import any image and go.
3D Print Ready - Always be ready for 3D printing with Geomagic Sculpt's voxel-based modeling engine. Coupled with its automatic 3D printability analysis, Geomagic Sculpt lets you
optimize designs on the fly for printing and will even check for common printability issues like feature size and proximity, flagging them so you can make changes before you print.
Geomagic Sculpt with the included Touch 3D stylus is priced at $3,900 USD and is available immediately through 3DS' resellers of Geomagic software. A free trial of the software is also
available at http://www.geomagic.com/en/products/sculpt/overview
Learn more about 3DS at http://www.3dsystems.com