Mountain View, CA (PRWEB) -- A new market study, The Industrial Automation Applications Report by West Technology Research Solutions (WTRS), examines the evolution of industry as it begins to incorporate wireless control and sensor networks. The report discusses market potential, state of the involved standards bodies, barriers to entry for emerging technologies and components, relative attractiveness of emerging wireless technologies, and more.
"Industrial automation is no longer a matter of choice, but fundamental to the success and competitive edge of even the smallest manufacturing endeavor," says Dr Kirsten West, Principal Analyst of WTRS. "The emergence of IEEE 802.15.4, IEEE 802.15.4a, Bluetooth, WiFi, RFID, and other wireless standards in the industrial world is in fact hinged to the adoption of the ERP, supply chain, CRM, process information management, and human interface management systems that have been introduced in the last few years. Wireless technology implementation in an industrial environment offers the possibility to track and trim the overall energy budget for a plant or facility by turning off system modules depending on system operating profiles and power availability."
The Industrial Automation Applications Report from WTRS reveals:
(1) The applicability of wireless control network* technology to the process management applications in the Industrial sector.
(2) The drivers and barriers to the introduction of ZigBee in the industrial sector.
(3) An analysis of the progress of wireless standards in industrial applications including the ISA SP-100 group, WINA, and the HART industry group.
(4) Dominant use cases for emerging wireless control networks in industrial applications.
(5) The influence of programs by the U.S. Department of Energy in developing wireless technologies and standards designed for the Industrial sector.
(6) The application of (and market for) Bluetooth as a control network in industrial applications.
* Wireless control networks are systems that use wireless technologies as the underlying platform to deploy networks for sensor and control applications. Examples of technologies and protocols included in the "Wireless Control Network" are WSN (wireless sensor networks), M2M, mesh networking, ZigBee, INSTEON, IEEE 802.15.4, RFID, Z-Wave, Wavenis, low data-rate UWB, NFC, and others.
Using only publicly available information, meticulously gathered from public patent sources, company information, and other research this report is a resource for any company participating in the Industrial sector, or planning a potential entry into this market.
About Market Research from WTRS
West Technology Research Solutions, LLC is an independent market research and consulting company with 8 years in wireless research specializing in Insteon, ZigBee, UWB, Bluetooth, WiMAX, IEEE 802.15.4, Wi-Fi, and other emerging wireless technologies and protocols. WTRS helps companies track the market potential & viability of wireless emerging technologies. WTRS reports are not funded by, or in any other way influenced by, companies which we study. WTRS market research and consulting services provide customers with the information they need to assess market opportunities, evaluate investments, monitor competition, form relationships, and make crucial business decisions in following cutting-edge technologies. WTRS customers range from start-ups, some still in development, to the largest and most prominent players in technology. All have an interest in market intelligence that aids them in making crucial business decisions.