Future Market Insights’ report titled “Version Control Systems Market: Global Industry Analysis (2012–2016) and Opportunity Assessment (2017–2027)” tracks the details of the global market for a projected period of 10 years between 2017 and 2027. According to this report, global sales of version control systems is estimated to be valued at $326.1 Million in 2017 and is estimated to reach $971.8 Million by 2027. Sales revenue is expected to expand at a CAGR of 11.5% during the forecast period.
- North America was the dominant market in 2016 in terms of revenue sales of version control systems.
- Every enterprise whether large, medium or small sized, should adopt version control systems as it effectively maintains the dynamics of a team by eliminating maximum complexities associated with software programming.
- For an enhanced performance, an integration of centralized and decentralized version control systems should be introduced. The resulting version control system would effectively eliminate the cons of both types and offer an enhanced end-user experience.
- Asia Pacific is a strong regional platform for version control system vendors owing to the rapid growth of small and medium sized enterprises across the region.
- On the basis of type, the global version control systems market is segmented into distributed version control system, centralized version control system, and local version control system.
- The operating environment segment of the global version control systems market comprises Linux, Windows and Others. The Windows segment is anticipated to exhibit high market attractiveness index over the forecast period.
- In terms of being the fastest growing operating environment segment, Linux and Others have represented 12.6% and 13.8% CAGRs respectively, which are more than the CAGR of the Windows segment.
- Enterprise type segment consists of large enterprises and small & medium enterprises. The small and medium enterprises segment is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 12.5% during the forecast period. The large enterprises segment was dominant in terms of value, accounting for 61.1% share in 2016.
- The North America market is estimated to be valued at $101.8 Million in 2017 and is expected to witness high growth in terms of revenue throughout the forecast period to reach a valuation of $271.9 Million in 2027.
- Key players operating in the global version control systems market are Microsoft Corporation, The Apache Software Foundation, Perforce, Git, Mercurial, and Canonical Ltd.
For more information, request a sample of the “Version Control Systems Market” report.