Chiseled for durability and ease of use in tough industrial environments, Senix’s ToughSonic 12 ultrasonic sensor uses a PVDF (Kynar) transducer for improved chemical resistance. The component is fully submersible, corrosion resistant, shock resistant, and is configurable with the company’s SenixVIEW software, or “Teachable” via push-button.
Various interface options are available such as RS-232, Modbus RS-232, RS-485, and Modbus RS-485. Custom SenixVIEW configurations can be pre-loaded and alternative cable type, length, and connections are available. Other features include:
- 1.18-inch (30 millimeter) type 316 stainless steel housing.
- Sealed epoxy potting for wet and dirty applications.
- Ruggedized piezoelectric ultrasonic transducer potted in place.
- Hardened ToughSonic internal electronics.
- UV resistant, potted-in cable.
- Short and overload protected input /output.
- SenixVIEW configuration and analysis software controlling more than 60 performance parameters, and dozens of viewing, analysis and maintenance options.
- Push-button “Teach” feature.
- Multi-sensor network capable.
- Up to three simultaneous, industry standard outputs.