"The CC2530 solution is specifically tailored for emerging low-power RF applications that will enhance consumer's day-to-day lives, such as RF remote controls and audio/visual consumer electronics, efficient smart energy networks, advanced home automation and personal wireless medical devices," said Art George, senior vice president of TI's High-Performance Analog business unit. "The combination of best-in-class IEEE 802.15.4 system-on-chip with an unmatched suite of software and tools provides unlimited possibilities for next-generation low-power wireless networking systems."
Key Features and Benefits
- TI offers a variety of free protocol software stacks that are supported by the CC2530 to enable cost-optimized selection of network protocol based on system requirements:
- Z-Stack software for ZigBee-compliant applications (ZigBee PRO)
- RemoTI network protocol for ZigBee RF4CE remote control applications
- SimpliciTI network protocol for proprietary networking applications
- 2x more Flash memory than closest competitor (256K) and extensive peripheral set (DMA, GPIO, USARTs, ADC, timers) supports wide range of applications and reduces bill-of-material cost
- Device integrates a leading RF transceiver with an industry-standard enhanced 8051 MCU, in-system programmable flash memory, 8 KB RAM and many other powerful features
- Compatible devices from TI include the CC2590 and CC2591 2.4-GHz analog front ends (range extenders) and MSP430 ultra-low-power microcontrollers
Availability and Pricing
The CC2530 is available now in a QFN-40 package and pricing starts at $3.25 in quantities of 1,000 units. The comprehensive demonstration kit provides all the hardware and software necessary to evaluate the CC2530: basic development kit (CC2530DK), ZigBee development kit (CC2530ZDK), ZigBee RF4CE development kit (RemoTI-CC2530DK).
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments (NYSE: TXN) helps customers solve problems and develop new electronics that make the world smarter, healthier, safer, greener and more fun. A global semiconductor company, TI innovates through manufacturing, design and sales operations in more than 30 countries.