DALLAS, TX -- Texas Instruments announces the availability of two new high-resolution DLP® chipsets for 3D printing, 3D machine vision and lithography applications. The new chipsets, consisting of the DLP9000 and DLP6500 digital micromirror devices (DMDs) and each programmable by the DLPC900 controller, offer developers higher resolution imaging, extended wavelength support and faster pattern rates compared to previous devices. The respective DLP LightCrafter™ evaluation modules, DLP LightCrafter 9000 and 6500, allow developers to quickly assess each chipset, which enables a fast product development cycle.
The DLP9000 offers four million pixels, or a 2560-by-1600 micromirror array, and is the highest resolution DMD in the TI DLP portfolio available to the broad market. The DLP9000 can be used to build large, advanced resolution objects in 3D printing and scan larger objects at longer throw distances. For cost-sensitive applications, the DLP6500 offers up to two million pixels, or a 1920-by-1080 (1080p) micromirror array.
The DLPC900 controller provides a convenient interface for reliable, high-speed control of the micromirrors. By using a single controller to support multiple DMDs, customers have the flexibility to design multiple high-performance systems using just one design iteration.
Key features and benefits of the DLP9000 and DLP6500 chipsets include:
•A scalable portfolio that enables the flexibility to choose the right performance and price point.
•Programmable pattern rates up to 9,500 Hz for fast 3D measurements and product builds.
•Optimized for wavelengths from 400 nm to 700 nm and compatible with widely available resins for 3D printing and resists for lithography applications.
Key features and benefits of the DLP LightCrafter 9000 and 6500 evaluation modules include:
•Standard USB, HDMI and I2C interfaces allow developers to easily create designs for a variety of applications.
•Simple-to-use GUI allows for efficient real-time chipset programming.
To accelerate end-product development, TI maintains an extensive ecosystem of design houses. The DLP Design Network provides developers a diverse network to support their hardware and software integration, optics design, system integration, prototyping, manufacturing services and turnkey solutions to support current and evolving customer needs.
Availability and package
Available now in volume from TI authorized distributors, DLP9000 is available in a 355-pin hermetic FLS package and the DLP6500 is available in 350-pin ceramic FYE and 203-pin hermetic FLQ packages. The DLPC900 controller is available in a 516-pin BGA package. The DLP LightCrafter 9000 and 6500 evaluation modules are available on the TI eStore.
Find out more by visiting the below links:
• View a video of the DLP9000 and DLP6500 chipsets: http://focus.ti.com/general/docs/video/Portal.tsp?lang=en&entryid=0_h0mho8bt&DCMP=HiResolution&HQS=dlp-embed-cat-hiresolution-14q4-pr-v-en
• Check out the DLP Products & MEMS forum on TI's E2E community to search for solutions, get help, share knowledge and solve problems with fellow engineers and TI experts: http://e2e.ti.com/support/dlp__mems_micro-electro-mechanical_systems/default.aspx?DCMP=HiResolution&HQS=dlp-embed-cat-hiresolution-14q4-pr-forum-en
• Visit the DLP Design House Network: http://www.ti.com/lsds/ti/analog/dlp/solutions-services.page?DCMP=HiResolution&HQS=dlp-embed-cat-hiresolution-14q4-pr-lp2-en
• Visit the "Getting Started" page to begin working with DLP technology: http://www.ti.com/lsds/ti/dlp/advanced-light-control/getting_started.page?DCMP=HiResolution&HQS=dlp-embed-cat-hiresolution-14q4-pr-lp3-en
• For more information, visit http://www.ti.com/dlphighresolution