Schneider Electric’s APC NetBotz system promises to bring enhanced monitoring, management, and control to IT environments. The NetBotz appliance lineup features NetBotz Rack Monitor 750 and the NetBotz Camera Pod 165.
The NetBotz 750 introduces a unique software platform and simplified sensor management, as the first line of defense against IT downtime. Designed to provide IT professionals with the visibility and monitoring needed to contend with physical and environmental threats to edge data centers, such as high heat and humidity, water leaks, smoke and fire, as well as theft and accidental errors by people with access to the physical infrastructure. As an EcoStruxure Ready device, alerts and sensor data from multiple NetBotz monitoring units can be managed centrally in the cloud-based DCIM platform, EcoStruxure IT.
Features of the next-generation NetBotz 750 include:
- Integrated surveillance, sensing, and badge access control requiring only a single IP address simplifies management and speeds installation;
- High definition, low-light cameras provide the enhanced visibility required to mitigate unique edge data center threats;
- Video clip capture based on alerts like motion detected or door opened reduces complexity in managing surveillance footage;
- Combination of badge rack access control and clip capture provides a powerful audit trail, helping organizations maintain compliance with various data standards bodies;
- Native support for wireless sensors speeds installation, eliminating the rigid cabling infrastructure typically required of environmental monitoring.
The NetBotz Rack Monitor 750 and Camera Pod 165 are available now. For more information checkout the video below and visit the NetBotz product page.