Microsemi latest network synchronization integrated circuit (IC) product family for Synchronous Ethernet (SyncE) and IEEE™ 1588 timing and line card applications targets upcoming 5G wireless equipment and network infrastructure. The IC family provides advanced phase measurement and adjustment capabilities that promise to simplify next-generation transport and wireless equipment design. These capabilities also enable equipment to achieve the stringent phase alignment requirements that are down to 130 ns across the entire network.
The product family includes SyncE packet clock network synchronizers—ZL30671, ZL30672 and ZL30673—which offer one to three channels of SyncE packet clock synchronization, and the family’s ZL30681, ZL30682 and ZL30683 offer one, two or three independent channels of SyncE clock translation while the ZL30256 can attenuate and translate frequencies up to three channels. Its IEEE 1588 and SyncE packet clock network synchronizers—ZL30771, ZL30772 and ZL30773—offer one to three independent timing channels of a combined hardware and software platform including IEEE 1588-2008 Precision Time Protocol (PTP) stack and synchronization algorithms.
- Input vs. input phase measurement with 1 picosecond (ps) resolution
- Input vs. digital phase locked loop (DPLL) phase measurement with 1 ps resolution
- Input and DPLL phase adjustment with 1 ps resolution
- Output synthesizer has 1 ps phase-adjustment resolution
- 10 input references
- 16 programmable outputs
- three independent DPLL channels
- two precision synthesizers
- one general purpose synthesizer
- redundant oscillator support
- Full IEEE 1588 support
For more information, checkout the comprehensive data page