Transtector Systems’ comprehensive line of surge protection devices are engineered and tested to address the growing threat of electromagnetic pulse (EMP), specifically high-altitude EMP (HEMP). HEMP Tested protection devices from Transtector meet military standards and guidelines from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Alliance for Telecommunications Industry Solutions (ATIS).
By meeting peak threat levels of Military Standard MIL-STD-188-125, Transtector HEMP Tested surge protection devices are optimized for high-level protection in AC, DC and data network applications. Innovative and patented Transtector silicon avalanche diode technology ensures long-term non-degrading high performance.
HEMP refers to an Electro-magnetic reaction created by a nuclear explosion detonated high above the planet’s surface. The ensuing electromagnetic pulse would have the potential to wreak havoc on communications networks. For product testing and reliability purposes, HEMP measurements focus on three pulses: E1 in nanoseconds, E2 in microseconds (similar to lightning), and E3, a longer phase potentially lasting minutes on grid systems (similar to a solar flare). For E4-level EMP solutions, Transtector partner brand PolyPhaser provides HEMP Tested RF solutions.
Combined with PolyPhaser, Transtector’s HEMP Tested product family includes protection for:
- Land and mobile communications networks
- Utility networks and grids
- TV/radio broadcasting facilities
- Process control in banking/finance
- Road/rail signaling systems
- Transport/communications infrastructure
- Fielded military forces and support facilities
- Backup power and energy storage systems
- Internet of Things (IoT)
HEMP Tested configurations include:
- Transtector APEX IMAX HT Series: AC EMP Protection
- Transtector ALPU HT and E3PM HT Series: Dataline EMP protection
- Transtector/PolyPhaser E3PA HT Series: AC Protection to Extreme SREMP
- Transtector/PolyPhaser DCPM HT Series: DC EMP Protection
- PolyPhaser TSX HT Series: RF EMP Protection
- PolyPhaser E3PM HT Series: DC Pass broadband protection
For more information, visit Transtector.