Fossil’s fourth generation of smartwatches under its Fossil Q line packs more technology features than previous units. The gen-4 line provides a robust list of new features including heart-rate tracking, NFC, untethered GPS, and swim-proof functionality. Also, it charges up within an hour and lasts all day.
The fourth generation of smartwatches offers a more holistic user experience with key features and personalization options users require. Updates include:
Heart rate functionality was an important ask from consumers and a top priority for the Generation 4 Fossil Q line. Additionally, Fossil wanted to create exclusive watch dials that allowed users to easily access manual readings directly from their watch face. Whether going for a run outside or hitting the gym, you can automatically track your heart rate during logged exercises with Google Fit.
• Take a manual heart rate reading and automatically track heart rate across multiple types of workouts using Google Fit
• Heart rate graphs show progress throughout a large variety of workouts and improves workout tracking experience
• Exclusive-to-Fossil dials have heart rate integrated into the designs, showing users their beats per minute on their watch face at a quick glance
NFC allows users to have payment and transit capabilities directly on their device. Exclusively compatible with Google Pay (transit and pay currently available in select countries), NFC prevents users from having to pull out their card every time they need to complete a transaction. With a few taps, your card is ready on watch to streamline any checkout experience. Security is an obvious consideration, and users set up a unique lock code on their watch to help protect from any identity or data theft.
New untethered GPS capabilities allow the users track walks, and runs, hikes, bike rides, and more via Google Fit and third-party fitness apps without having to bring your phone along. Your watch will automatically map and track your location and distance during logged workouts.
Swimproof functionality allows users to track swim workouts or hop in the shower without risk of damaging their smartwatch. So, we can assume the watch is waterproof.
Other features include:
- Stainless steel case (Q Venture HR: 40mm / Q Explorist HR: 45mm)
- Stunning touchscreen digital display
- 24+ hours battery life (based on usage)
- Interchangeable straps and bracelets (Q Venture HR: 18mm / Q Explorist HR: 22mm)
- Connect via Bluetooth® technology
- Wireless syncing + magnetic charging
- Compatible with iOS 9.3+ and Android 4.4+ (excluding Go edition)
- Sensors: Heart Rate, NFC, GPS, Altimeter, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Ambient Light, Microphone
- Powered with Wear OS by Google
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon Wear™ 2100 Platform
- Price is $255 to $275
For more information, watch the gen4 watch.