OMRON’s FHV7-series smart camera is dubbed the world's first multi-color light and best-in-class 12-megapixel high-resolution camera. Allegedly, only a single FHV7-series Smart Camera is required for achieving the industry's highest standards of precision in vision inspections on a high-mix production line.
Equipped with a multi-color light and an autofocus lens, the FHV7 Series can respond flexibly to changes in the color and size of objects to be inspected. This eliminates the need for special skills for camera installation and adjustment to cater for different products and inspection criteria. Added to these features is a high-speed image compression algorithm that compresses inspection images at double the regular speed, enabling all image data to be saved even during measurement and allowing complete traceability in production processes where quality control is paramount.
The case volume of the FHV7 Series is one-quarter that of OMRON's leading model, the FH-series Sensor Controller, but it offers the same level of image-processing capacity and is fitted with a multi-color light and a high-pixel camera. FHV7 features in a nutshell include:
- Single camera for inspecting various products
- Multi-color light provides a quick solution to the issue of measuring different colors. When the product design is changed, or a new model is added, you can simply change a parameter instead of replacing or fine-tuning lights.
- The image sensor with a maximum of 12 megapixels enables high-precision inspections for wider areas. This eliminates the need for installing multiple cameras or a mechanism to move a camera to capture different inspection points on different models on the same production line. This reduces design work and component costs.
- The autofocus lens covers a focal length range from 59 to 2,000 mm (*4). Even when products in different sizes are produced, the focus range can be changed easily by parameters. This eliminates the need for a mechanism for moving the camera, reducing design work and component costs.
- Modular structure allows you to freely combine the lens and light with the camera.
- The footprint of the camera is not affected by module replacement, reducing design and maintenance work.
- Dual-core CPU provides the fastest image-processing speed among smart cameras -- four times faster than the previous speed. Production cycle time can be maintained even if resolution is increased or inspection items added.
- High-speed logging, which enables measurements to be conducted while image data is being saved, and high-speed image data compression allow complete traceability.
For more information, visit OMRON.