It’s quite obvious that sensors are evolving to accommodate the myriad applications that require their assistance. Equally obvious, based on the burgeoning market for wearable electronics of every type and category, is the escalating need for sensors that can fit into, stretch over, adhere to, and conform to curved and other oddly shaped surfaces. It would not be far off to say that the market for sensors now is about one quarter for wearable, flexible, stretchable sensors of every type from temperature to position.
At Sensors Expo & Conference 2018 in San Jose, CA, a very unique and innovative symposium will be held on Tuesday, June 26, 2018 from 9 AM to 5 PM. The symposium, titled “Commercialization Opportunities for Printed, Flexible, Stretchable, and Functional Fabric Sensors and Sensor-Based Systems for IoT and Wearables”, will offer attendees deep insights from 16 experts working in the field of flexible sensors from every angle from design to commercialization of end products. Speakers include:
- Dr. Gregory Auner, Professor, Wayne State University
- Ben Bazor, Director of Research & Development, TacSense
- Roger Grace, President, Roger Grace Associates
- Allyson Hartzell, Managing Consultant, Veryst Engineering
- Dr. Hu Long, Postdoctoral Researcher, Berkeley Sensor & Actuator Center (BSAC)
- Maurizio Macagno, CTO & Co-Founder, Sensoria
- Dr. Charles MacLeod, UK Sales & Business Development, Pressure Profile Systems
- Mary Ann Maher, Founder & CEO, SoftMEMS
- Daniel Marriott, President, Spectra Symbol
- Leland "Chip" Spangler, Ph.D., President, Aspen Microsystems LLC
- Robert Podoloff, CTO, Tekscan Inc.
- Radislav Potyrailo, Principal Scientist, GE Global Research
- Shawn Reese, CEO, Bend Labs
- Eric Spackey, CEO, Bluewater Defense, Inc.
- Dr. Minsong Wei, Research Specialist, Berkeley Sensor & Actuator Center (BSAC)
- Sheng Xu, Assistant Professor, Department of NanoEngineering, University of California San Diego
If you want to become more than just familiar with flexible, wearable, and stretchable sensors, there’s a two-step process you need to go through. One, register for Sensors Expo & Conference 2018, and two, attend the symposium, titled “Commercialization Opportunities for Printed, Flexible, Stretchable, and Functional Fabric Sensors and Sensor-Based Systems for IoT and Wearables” on Tuesday, June 26, 2018 from 9 AM to 5 PM. All your questions on this topic will be answered, and then some.