TDK Corporation is a leading electronics company with extensive portfolio featuring sensors, sensor systems and passive components such as ceramic, aluminum electrolytic and film capacitors, and magnetics, high-frequency, and piezo and protection devices. TDK produces components applicable across information and communication technology, automotive, industrial and consumer electronics.
TDK and TDK group companies (EPCOS, Micronas, InvenSense, Tronics, Hutchinson Technology Inc.(HTI) and Chirp Microsystems) will be exhibiting a range of new products at Sensors Expo, including:
- TDK TMR angle sensor: The TAD2140 sensor provides the industry’s highest accuracy for angle error. Its compact size is suited for applications with limited available space, such as steering motor commutation.
- InvenSense motion and sound sensor solutions: Ultrasonic ToF sensors for distance, presence and proximity sensing will be showcased, along with analog and digital MEMS microphone solutions, and 6-axis (gyroscope and accelerometer) technologies.
- TDK-Micronas magnetic sensors and embedded motor controllers: The HAR 379x sensors for multidimensional magnetic field measurements, suitable for automotive and industrial applications, provide versatile programming characteristics. Additionally, the complete Hall-effect sensor portfolio and HVC4223F embedded motor controller will be on display.
- EPCOS temperature sensors & elements: The new H650 sensor element is based on a glass-encapsulated high-temperature ceramic sensor element, and is designed for measuring temperatures up to 650 °C.
- EPCOS pressure sensors: Designed for pressure ranges of 100 mbar up to 40 bar and available in sizes of 0.65 mm x 0.65 mm up to 2.00 mm x 2.00 mm, the pressure sensors are suitable for the automotive market.
- Tronics high performance MEMS accelerometer: The new AXO215 closed-loop accelerometer combines key benefits in size, weight and power on a single chip. Tronics will also display inertial sensors and diagnostic chips demonstrations.
- HTI custom NFC solutions: Customizable NFC solutions enable sealed, encrypted, wireless communications for product authentication, proper install verification and product use history.
- HTI custom integrated sensors and actuators on flex: In-package sensors are fabricated into flexible circuitry and integrated onto micro-mechanical structures. Shape memory or piezo actuators as well as MEMS and CMOS ICs can also be accommodated with custom chip package designs.
- Chirp Microsystems MEMS ultrasonic ToF sensors: On display will be MEMS ultrasonic ToF sensors for distance, presence and proximity sensing capabilities.
TDK’s Dr. Rakesh Sethi, vice president and general manager, IoT Business, will present in a conference session from 10:00 – 10:50 a.m. on Thursday, June 28. Dr. Sethi’s session focuses on the low adoption rate of wearables in today’s remote and clinical monitoring spaces. He will also discuss the inability of today's technology to accurately localize, listen to and learn the harmony of the human system, followed by the requirements for future diagnostic and predictive systems’ capabilities. This session will review several use cases of upcoming sensor systems for better disease detection modalities.