Renesas Electronics’ GUI CAR (Customizable Analysis Report) Tool, is described as a safety analysis tool that will enable users to quickly integrate Renesas products into their safety-critical automotive systems while meeting the latest safety standard. The FMEDA (failure mode effects and diagnostics analysis) tool is optimized for the ISO 26262 standard, which addresses safety of electrical and/or electronic systems within road vehicles and is the target for compliance of this revolutionary product.
The CAR Tool addresses a common market problem: How to adapt a general SEooC (Safety Element out of Context) safety analysis report to align with the final application-specific use case and the need to support several safety goals for one item.
CAR unifies key aspects of the safety analysis by offering a multi-layered view of the safety-related component, complete with customizable analysis parameters and all the results required by ISO 26262, such as single point fault metric (SPFM) and latent fault metric (LFM). The tool also provides the user with estimations for both probabilistic metric for random hardware failures (PMHF) and its evaluation of each cause of safety goal violation. These results can be displayed from the entire component down to each single element via different hierarchical levels, accurately splitting its FIT in the appropriate fault class (single-point, residual, latent, etc.) This also makes it easy and effective to browse complex system-on-chip (SoC)/microcontroller (MCU) safety analyses.
For a given product, the provided library can be customized to different applications, configured to match the usage of the component in the target system. A GUI is the window for visibility into the product, and for obtaining and configuring safety related information. FIT characteristics, fault characterization, failure modes, fault impact, and fault coverages are just some of the parameters under user control. Features include:
- Effective Graphical User Interface (GUI) for clear visibility and ease of customization
- Library import for Renesas components
- Possibility to create and share libraries between parties or from other suppliers
- Automatic calculation of ISO26262 HW architectural metrics
- Automatic calculation of PMHF and alternate method
- Handling of different Safety Goals
- Handling of different use cases
- Configuration of a golden library with a high degree of customization for different application profiles.
- Accurate revision control and change history support
- Error logging
- Embedded documents and references
- Possibility to customize many safety related parameters including:
- Fault characterization
- Failure modes
- Fault impact
- FIT characterization and allocation
- Safety-related status
- Safety mechanisms
- Fault coverage
For greater insights, visit Renesas Electronics Corporation.