According to a Global Market Insights research report, the robot sensor market is set to exceed $4.5 billion by 2024. Global shipments are set to grow at 14% CAGR between 2018 and 2024.
- The industrial revolution 4.0 has accelerated the use of autonomous and collaborative robots in the production plants across the manufacturing industry, which is contributing toward the growth of robot sensor market.
- Robots are used with different types of sensors based on their applications. This has been possible due to the development of novel and innovative sensors that provide expanded capabilities.
- The force-torque units in the robot sensor market are projected to grow at a CAGR of 12.5% owing to the increasing penetration of their low-cost. For instance, Robotiq launched FT 300 force-torque solutions for Universal Robots.
- Robot sensor market is gaining traction as these are being integrated into the legs and torsos of robots, whereas it was integrated only into robotic arms in the past.
- Market for force torque sensors will witness a significant growth in the Asia Pacific region due to the increasing deployment of industrial robots in South Korea and China. These sensors are also working collectively with other technologies such as LiDAR, ultrasonic, and vision sensors for efficiency.
For more details, preview the report.