SAN DIEGO, CA -- ResMed introduces its new AirSense™ 10 positive-airway pressure (PAP) device platform, with breakthrough features that benefit both the patient and the healthcare provider.
"Our home medical equipment provider customers are faced with the challenge of balancing superior care with the realities of today's reimbursement environment. Extracting new efficiencies from their workflow is critical to keeping their businesses healthy and growing," said ResMed CEO Mick Farrell. "Our new AirSense 10 series PAP therapy devices leverage patient data and communications capabilities to help our customers streamline operations while providing their patients with a supremely comfortable therapy experience."
The AirSense 10 series PAP devices are the cornerstones of the ResMed Air Solutions connected care platform, an ecosystem of hardware and software solutions that can significantly streamline the patient compliance monitoring and management process while improving overall patient outcomes and engagement.
The AirSense 10 series works with ResMed's AirView™ patient monitoring software. Formerly called EasyCare Online, AirView seamlessly works with AirSense 10 devices to track, analyze and report a patient's usage and compliance as well as make the device's status visible to healthcare providers.
The AirSense 10 series devices are available now in the United States and Australia and include four new devices:
• AirSense 10 CPAP: ResMed's CPAP device with all of the advanced features that are standard with AirSense 10 series devices (listed below).
• AirSense 10 Elite: ResMed's step-up CPAP device that includes detection of central sleep apneas and Cheyne-Stokes respiration.
• AirSense 10 AutoSet™: The AirSense 10 AutoSet devices continually monitor breathing, adapting breath by breath to always deliver the lowest therapeutic pressure, improving comfort and sleep.
• AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her: Women comprise nearly 40 percent of new patients, and the AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her is the first and only FDA-cleared device that provides specialized sleep apnea therapy for women based upon specific female breathing patterns. It uses a clinically proven algorithm designed to treat mild to moderate sleep apnea in women.
Key AirSense 10 series features that break new ground in therapy for sleep-disordered breathing include:
• Connected care: Every AirSense 10 device is enabled for data on demand with wireless communications out of the box – no module, SD card, or pairing to a smart phone is necessary. That means that each device is always on, tracking patient therapy data that is available to providers just one hour after the device's last use, facilitating more timely patient interventions.
• Remote device settings changes and troubleshooting: The power of communications means that healthcare providers can troubleshoot and change settings without the cost of sending staff to check on a device or manually change the therapy settings. And using ResMed's AirView web-based software, providers can view the device's status at a glance and determine whether the device requires service or if instead an issue may be resolved remotely with a click of a mouse.
• Integrated HumidAir™ heated humidification: All ResMed AirSense devices have integrated HumidAir heated humidifiers that afford a more compact bedside footprint. In addition to more comfort and fewer parts to manage for the patient, the integrated humidifier also means less inventory to track for HMEs.
• AutoRamp: This comfort feature uses sleep onset detection to keep pressure low before delivering full therapy pressure as soon as the patient falls asleep to enhance therapy compliance.
• Simple, elegant user-friendly controls for patient confidence: ResMed has redesigned and significantly streamlined its user interface to enable patients to operate their devices with more confidence. AirSense 10 series devices also have an angled LCD screen for easy bedside viewing, and an ambient light sensor to adjust to the brightness of the room, so the screen's backlight won't disturb the user or the bed partner during the night.
For more information on ResMed, visit http://www.resmed.com