Schneider Electric claims its PowerLogic ION9000 is the world’s most advanced power quality meter, with an accuracy two-times greater than any comparable meter on the market. The meter boasts the industry's most advanced capabilities with five core innovations:
- High quality performance, with third-party certified Class 0.1S accuracy – twice the precision of existing energy standards – to unlock significant new possibilities for energy savings and ensure the meter can comply with the highest performance for revenue grade applications.
- Cybersecurity ready, designed to align with comprehensive grid cybersecurity policies, helping to eliminate vulnerabilities to critical power assets and systems.
- Onboard power quality analysis provides useful information, not just data, and it does so via its onboard PQ tool, according to EN50160 and IEEE519standards. The ION9000 also has extended waveform capture and patented disturbance direction detection (DDD).
- Smart power event analysis automatically correlates related trends, events, and waveforms based on time and type of incident, saving time and providing vital insight with pre- and post-incident data.
- Patented ION programmability allows users to adapt as their power networks become more dynamic, tailoring programming to accommodate complex electrical distribution monitoring or custom substation automation – protecting their investment into the future.
Said to be another first, the ION9000 is allegedly the only meter that complies with all three of the latest power quality standards: IEC61000-4-30, IEC62586-1 and IEC62586-2. For deeper insights, get an ION9000 datasheet.