Just about every other day a press release comes around touting the latest technology that will revolutionize some aspect of life. These announcements do not come from major tech companies or even the research department of a university. They come from startup (and occasionally upstart) designers and companies who employ what is becoming the preferred outlet to garner launch capital: Kickstarter.
Usually, the items we get fall into one of four categories: interesting, but does not apply to sensors (good luck!), applies to sensors, may or may not be interesting (good luck!), and totally whacked (goodbye!). Well, here’s one that’s interesting, particularly as it relates to Internet of Things (IoT) applications.
According to its creator, the Newbeem power outlet uses SMART technology to completely reinvent how users connect to their homes. In addition to basic functions like turning lights on and off, this device allows users to set timing events, dim household lighting systems, protect equipment from power spikes, and more. Of course this all involves an app and a smartphone and/or tablet. And as you might’ve guessed, the app allows remote control from anywhere in the world.
The Newbeem power outlet uses SMART technology to provide more functionality than comparable devices.
Newbeem features include:
- Wi-Fi control to turn devices on and off from anywhere.
- Continuously variable dimmer.
- Precise programmable timer - up to 60 timers can be set.
- Built-in Surge protector.
- Plug and Play: one-time configuration, can be used even without Wi-Fi network.
- Can be creatively set up to drive devices other than lights with ratings up to 200W.
- Supported devices: iOS 4.0 or above devices and Android 4.0 or above devices.
- Wireless: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Wi-Fi Range: 30 meters
- Outlet Type: surge protector
- Input Voltage: 90 to 265 Vac
- Output Current: 10A
- Wi-Fi Outlet: 200W
- Plastic Case: Class V0 fire resistance
- Dimmer: MOSFETs Trail Edge
- Timer Spec. 1 minute interval setting
- Outlets: two 10A outlets, one Wi-Fi outlet
- Protector: ceramic surge protection, LED status indication, less than 40-dB noise filtering
- Clamping Voltage: 400V
If Newbeem outlet tickles your fancy and you want to see more, visit http://kck.st/1mZwxoW and the company’s website at https://www.newbeem.com. For more details, contact co-founder of Newbeem Technology Inc. Andy Feng via email at [email protected]