NewTek Sensor Solutions’ P-Series high-pressure and water-resistant LVDT position sensors boast reliable position measurement in deep subsea environments and other extreme high-pressure applications such as pressure test vessels and hydraulic actuators. These sensors serve as replacements for load cells, pots. and magnetostrictive sensors in underwater use.
The ac-powered linear position sensors are constructed of heavy-duty, high-pressure alloys to operate under pressures up to 20,000 psi and operating temperatures of -65° to +400°F (-55° to +200°C). Absence of electronics also makes the LVDTs viable for long-term operation in harsh ocean environments.
Other features include:
- A 0.52-inch diameter housing constructed of special alloys avoids corrosion for long-term operation
- Nominal range of +0.90” (+22.86 mm) and more
- Ratiometric output for reduced thermal sensitivity
- Excellent linearity of < ± 0.15% full range
- High-cycle life
- High sensitivity and resolution