Badger Meter introduces the second stage of its Smart Electric Valve Actuator (SEVA). The device now offers Modbus RTU, Modbus TCP/IP and SoloCUE connectivity. SoloCUE is a software option that provides easy access to the setup of both the SEVA and its protocols. The platform allows end-users to visualize SEVA’s performance and setup characteristics. The free SoloCUE software can be downloaded from the Badger Meter website. The software can easily set up SEVA and monitor industrial valve applications.
SoloCUE allows users to:
- Adjust operating speed and thrust
- Set up all available protocols (Ethernet/IP, Modbus TCP/IP and Modbus RTU)
- Adjust deadband to fine-tune the application and valve
- Set up split-range feature
- Set up reverse acting feature
- Set up loss of power feature
- Set up loss of signal feature
- Set up operation limits
- Configure real-time dashboard to communicate position command, actuator position, signal applied, internal temperature, tag ID, serial number, power input and mode selection
In addition to Modbus RTU and Modbus TCP/IP, full diagnostics and Hart are on the horizon. For more info, visit Badger Meter.