According to Grand View Research, Inc., the global polyimide films market is anticipated to reach $3.12-billion by 2025. Advancements in the aerospace and automobile industry with regards to high-end quality products is expected to drive the growth of this market. The flexible printed circuit (FPC) emerged as the largest and fastest-growing application in the global polyimide films market. They are used in the manufacturing of flexible printed circuit board in ink-jet cartridges, printers & scanners, mobile phones, pagers, camcorders, and military & avionics systems.
Polyimide film has many applications in electronics, automotive, aerospace, and labeling & labels industry. Many new product launches have enabled consumers to pick their choice of product from a wide range of options. The widening of product distribution channels has made these products readily available to the consumer.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- The global polyimide films market was estimated at USD 1,492.3 million in 2016 and is projected to grow at a growth rate of 8.6% from 2017 to 2025
- The flexible circuit board sector occupied the largest market share in 2016 on account of its widespread use in ink-jet cartridges, printers & scanners, mobile phones, pagers, camcorders, and military & avionics systems
- FCB has many automotive applications ranging from dashboard to engine management, and ABS control systems
- Wire & cables are used in various application where high tensile strength, solvent resistance, flammability and electrical resistivity is required
- Electronics end-use segment is growing with the fastest growth rate owing to strong demand for consumer electronics and increase in electrical components in automobile
- The aerospace segment accounted for 26.1% of the global revenue and is projected to witness the second highest CAGR over the forecast period
- Growing disposable income and investment in innovative devices is anticipated to boost the demand in the electronics segment
- Increasing investment from government & private institutions in the automotive and aerospace & defense industry is projected to contribute to the demand over the coming years
- Key players include E. I. Du Pont De Nemours and Company, Saint-Gobain, Von Roll Holding AG, Kaneka Corporation and Arakawa Chemicals Industries
- Research & development activities, new product launches, acquisition and mergers and technological collaborations are some of the strategic initiatives taken up by leading companies
If your curiosity has been tickled, you can browse the full research report with TOC on Polyimide Film Market Analysis By Application, By End-use, And Segment Forecasts, 2014 – 2025.