SANTA ROSA, CA --- PNI Sensor Corporation announces that its SpacePoint CR 3D motion-tracking system was selected for the Pico Tracking Kit from the virtual reality company Pico Technology. Designers of handheld controllers used in virtual reality and gaming applications know all too well the frustrations of trying to accurately track movement with consumer-grade inertial sensors. Most standard inertial sensors have bias drift and sensor noise, resulting in inaccurate tracking of controller movements, so objects in the virtual world are not where the controller is pointing. Also, rapid movements can over-saturate sensors, leaving users with skewed visuals and missed targets.
PNI’s SpacePoint CR is a 3D motion-tracking system made expressly for game controller manufacturers. This ready-to-integrate system includes PNI's high performance magnetic sensors, 3-axis gyroscope, 3-axis accelerometer, and PNI’s sensor fusion algorithms with military-grade accuracy.
Key features of SpacePoint CR include:
• High accuracy and low latency for a smooth gaming experience;
• Gyro drift compensation that ensures that objects in the virtual world remain where you left them;
• Continuous auto-calibration technology combined with patented Kalman filter algorithms, so the output is extremely accurate in all environments;
• The firmware resides on PNI’s ultra-low-power SENtral coprocessor, offloading sensor management and complex fusion work from the main processor, significantly increasing battery life and freeing up the main processor for other programming;
• SpacePoint CR handles all the complex motion sensor calculations, so there are no unpleasant surprises or wasted engineering time, resulting in faster time to market for game developers.
Pico Technology is a virtual reality company committed to combining precision optics, advance image algorithms, immersive video and sound with fine industrial design to deliver high performance VR consumer solutions. They recently introduced Pico Neo, a lightweight headset. The Pico Tracking Kit is used with the Pico Neo headset, and enhances the VR experience with full spatial positioning, 6 Degrees of Freedom (6DoF), and less than 5 ms latency.
SpacePoint CR Availability
SpacePoint CR is available now for evaluation and incorporation into virtual reality projects. For pricing and quantity orders, contact [email protected]
To learn more, visit http://www.pnicorp.com