Atheer announces its partnership with Toshiba’s Client Solutions Division (CSD) to make its Atheer AiR Enterprise AR solution available to Windows 10 users for the first time on Toshiba’s just-announced dynaEdge AR Smart Glasses. Using AiR Enterprise, the Toshiba dynaEdge AR Smart Glasses offer a viable solution for industrial applications such as field service, dealer service, manufacturing and repair operations, assembly line management, technician and expert training, warehouse picking, asset inspection and repair as well as remote visualization and support. Users of Toshiba’s dynaEdge AR Smart Glasses will be able to use the touchless, gesture-based interaction, remote subject matter calling, contextual documentation, barcode scanning and step by step task flows provided by Atheer AiR Enterprise.
AiR Enterprise AR will be available in the second quarter on Toshiba dynaEdge AR Smart Glasses. Features will include:
- See-What-I-See (SWIS) video conferencing through remote communications
- User point of view (POV) photo and video capture using the embedded camera
- Configurable step-by-step task guidance (with touchless, gesture-based interactions)
- Barcode scanning and info display
- Detailed task and workflow process analytics
- Easy integration with other enterprise systems
- Enterprise grade security: on-device, in-transit, and at-rest.
The glasses package the company’s dynaEdge AR100 Head Mounted Display (HMD) with its dynaEdge DE-100 Mobile Mini PC for a completely wearable PC system maximizing mobility, productivity and security. The implementation of AiR Enterprise for the Toshiba dynaEdge AR Smart Glasses marks the first time it has been offered natively on Windows 10.