ReportsnReports’ analysis of the optical switch market claims the latest trend gaining momentum in the market is emerging new age technologies and their scaling business opportunities. The researchers see network traffic growing significantly over the last decade, driven by emerging technologies. Network traffic, in terms of the data volume from data-centric applications, is expected to drive the market for optical network hardware. Reportedly, global mobile data traffic increased by 74% in 2015. It accounted for an average of 3.7 exabytes of data per month in 2015, whereas it was 2.1 exabytes per month in 2014. Based on that, the analysts forecast global optical switches market to grow at a CAGR of 10.89% during the period 2018-2022.
- One of the major factors hindering the growth of this market is data center consolidation.
- Virtualization software helps in partitioning physical IT infrastructure into smaller virtual infrastructure to maximize their utilization.
- Data center consolidation through virtualization reduces the overall footprint of data centers, hindering the adoption of server, storage, and network infrastructure in data centers.
- Key players in the global optical switches market: Huawei Technologies, Cisco, Fujitsu.
- Major driver for Optical Switches market is increasing data center construction.
- Trend in the market is migration of OTNs toward WDM architecture.
If you are yearning for deeper market insights, get the complete report on Optical Switches Market.